Kondiaronk belvedere how to get there
Kondiaronk (* 1649; † 1701), also called Gaspar Soiaga, Souojas, Sastaretsi, Adario and the rat, was chief of the Tionontati Hurons and the Petun in the Mackinac Strait area between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. He contributed significantly to the Great Peace of Montreal, which was concluded between 40 Indian peoples and New France in 1701, but died shortly before the treaty was signed.
Kondiaronk was considered a brilliant speaker and forward-looking strategist. After a bloody attack by the Iroquois in 1649, he led the two pro-French tribes to new settlement areas near Michilimackinac, between the upper and lower peninsulas of Lake Michigan.
Initially, Kondiaronk had tried to resist the Iroquois urge to expand in the Beaver Wars through an alliance with the colonists of New France. Later, however, he recognized resettlement as the only way to save the Hurons from extinction. In the course of this he became the most important architect of the great peace treaty of August 1701 between the Five Nations the Iroquois and about 35 other Indian tribes in the Great Lakes area.
Kondiaronk succeeded in convincing all parties to the conflict of the advantages of a comprehensive peace work. The Jesuit and historian Father Pierre-François de Charlevoix wrote about him, who had been baptized before: “it was the general opinion that no Indian had ever possessed greater merit, a finer mind, more valor, prudence or discernment in understanding those with whom he had to deal ”.
Two days before the contract was signed, the chief died of a fever on August 2nd. He was buried with great ceremonies in the Notre Dame Church in Montreal, but nothing of the grave remained.
- The Kondiaronk Belvedere in Mount Royal Park was named after him.
- In 2001 the government of Canada named him one Person of national historical importance.
- ↑Adario. In: Naval History and Heritage Command USA, Department of the Navy; accessed on September 27, 2014.
- ^ William N. Fenton: Kondiaronk, Le Rat. In: Dictionary of Canadian Biography. 24 volumes, 1966–2018. University of Toronto Press, Toronto (English, French).
- ↑ Edgar Andrew Collard: Montreal: The Days That Are No More. Doubleday Canada, Toronto 1976.
- ↑ see English Wikipedia: en: Persons of National Historic Significance, with list
Categories:Indian culture | Indian chief | Born 1649 | Died 1701 | man
Status of information: 11/23/2020 12:51:58 PM CET
Source: Wikipedia (authors [version history]) License: CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All images and most of the design elements associated with them have been removed. Some of the icons have been replaced by FontAwesome icons. Some templates have been removed (such as "Article worth reading", "Excellent article") or rewritten. Most of the CSS classes have been removed or standardized.
Wikipedia-specific links that do not lead to articles or categories (such as "Redlink", "Edit links", "Portal links") have been removed. All external links have an additional FontAwesome icon. In addition to other small design adjustments, media containers, maps, navigation boxes, spoken versions and geo-microformats have been removed.
Important NOTE Since the given content was automatically taken over from Wikipedia at the specified time, manual checking was and is not possible. LinkFang.org therefore does not guarantee the correctness and topicality of the content taken over. If the information is incorrect in the meantime or there are errors in the presentation, we ask you to contact us by: E-Mail.
- Gail joseph how did she die
- Texas says what you want, what texts mean
- How do I update the Neptune Apex firmware
- How to prepare eco-soil hermit substrate
- 12 hombres comunes y corrientes descargar whatsapp
- Go to water parks while pregnant
- Marzena roszkowska geodeta czestochowa
- Crear Tarjeta virtual interbank wholesale
- What is Leo horoscope dates
- My bladder leaks when I cough
- What causes black spots on cat lips
- When do the sailors Uranus and Neptune die
- How to Tame Mo Creatures Animals List
- How do I install the Roku Streaming Stick
- How to make a mizuhiki crane
- What if the Nadi Score is 0?
- How to install Omega au-93-4
- Who sang Yamo, be there
- Widok lublin ul wojciechowska 5
- Who is the oldest person with Down syndrome?
- What does it mean to avoid in the Bible?
- How to write a daily diary in Marathi
- Socket sendto operation not allowed chown
- How to shorten eventbrite url shortener
- J brown 5ive where are you now
- How to appease an angry man is agitated
- Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver App for Free
- What does it mean to smack your lips
- Kamina status for WhatsApp in English
- What does the word insisted?
- How to play a junior game
- How to remove god save adware for free