How to Thaw Excel File
How to import LineUpr CSV files into Excel
Reading time: 2 minutes
You may have already noticed that we have an export function. You can z. B. Export survey results, the participant list or your entire agenda. We have put together everything about export / import with LineUpr for you here.
We offer you a CSV or Excel file as export formats. With the former in particular, we often hear from Windows users that the file is difficult to open correctly. This is because you don't have to open a CSV file directly with Excel, but import it correctly first. Exactly how that works is what it will be about today. We used the Excel version of Office 365 for the screenshots. The procedure is basically very similar from version to version. Only the view and the button designation differ slightly from each other.
Convert a CSV file to an Excel file
Our little journey begins with a CSV file. This can be an export of survey results, feedback or the complete agenda or list of participants from LineUpr. Of course, you can also use the instructions to convert other CSV files into a normal Excel file.
Now that we are prepared, we can move forward with the practical steps. So the first thing you can do is open Excel. Here you will find the "Data" tab in the selection above. By default, this is the 7th tab from the left. Please click on this tab now.
The exact view depends on the size of your Excel window. Ideally, you will find the entry "From Text / CSV" almost on the left below the tab. If you cannot find this button, please click on "Retrieve data" on the far left. A small menu opens here. First click on "From file" and then on "From text / CSV". Now you have to select the corresponding CSV file and a new window will open for you in Excel.
The appearance of this window varies from version to version in Excel. As already discussed above, we are working with the Office 365 version. But no matter how you are portrayed, there are two things to look out for.
The first thing is how the data should be transformed by Excel. This is particularly relevant if you are working with special characters. There are formats in which certain characters are not adopted correctly and can also lead to errors. In this version, Excel uses the term "file origin" for this. We always use the "65001: Unicode (UTF-8)". We have only had good experiences with this so far.
The next important point is the separator. Here you define how individual columns are correctly separated from one another. We always use a comma as a separator in our CSV files. Therefore, it is essential to select a comma here. If you are using a different CSV file, you should check beforehand which separator is used. A semicolon is also used very often. Now click on "Transform data" and the CSV will be converted into an Excel file.
What should you have learned
Importing a CSV file should now no longer be a problem for you. Should errors occur unexpectedly or the cells / columns are not displayed correctly, please contact us and we will help you. Most errors can be traced back to an incorrect character format.
- When does kcse start 2012
- What is Mabi Drink
- Xfs project contingent, how to face basic
- Howza Mosese Instagram Kim
- How do I import a PSF file into Eclipse
- What kind of department structure does Starbucks use
- Francine Neistat Headbutt when you need to worry
- Montage Chod Rig Korda, who directed
- Afro hair products wholesale uk items
- Penny Commissiong and Alwin Chow
- Pustelnia czatachowa msza o uzdrowienie w
- Pt fibrinogen hs plus how it works
- What are higher brain centers
- What is Jessa Furches middle name
- What is the difference between miles and km
- Chandni Chowk's best saree shops
- Using the Southord PXS 14 manual
- How to flip the thps5 skater 360
- How to say fork in Cantonese
- How to apply hot huez directions
- How to gather information about someone
- Rachelle friedman chapman what happened in benghazi
- News aggregator script PHP wo dua
- How to Print an Autocad Macro