How much does a large mango weigh
Mango: calories and nutritional values
The mango, as one of the oldest types of fruit, was originally only at home in the tropical rainforest. In the meantime, however, the sweet fruit has established itself to such an extent that it is cultivated all over America, the Caribbean, Africa and Australia. The European mango comes mainly from Spain, from the Costa del Sol or the Canary Islands. The raw mango is either eaten as a fruit without the skin or core or it is added to the fruit salad.
It can be mixed with mango juice or mango puree, or it can be used as ice cream, jam or chutney. Mangoes have a large core. Its skin is about as thick as that of a plum and the taste of the mango is sweet. It is precisely because of this sweetness that slimness-conscious people ask themselves what calorie content the delicious fruit has.
Mango: calories and nutritional values of the fresh fruit
A mango can weigh up to 2 kilograms. Most mangoes only weigh between 200 and 300 grams, so we take an average of 250 grams for 1 mango. The following are the calories and nutritional values for 100 grams of fresh mango and for a whole mango (250 grams):
100 grams of mango:
- 252 kJ / 60 kcal
- 1 gram of protein
- 0.2 grams of fat
- 13 grams of carbohydrates
1 piece of mango (250 g):
- 630 kJ / 150 kcal
- 2 grams of protein
- 0.5 grams of fat
- 32 grams of carbohydrates
The sugar content of the mango is quite high at around 12 grams per 100 grams. It contains about 3 times as much fructose as glucose.
Canned Mango: Calories and Nutritional Values
The canned mango is available in slices or pieces in the supermarket. Below are the calories and nutritional values of 100 grams of canned mango:
- 343 kJ / 82 kcal
- 0.3 grams of protein
- 0.2 grams of fat
- 20 grams of carbohydrates
Dried Mango: Calories and Nutrition Facts
Dried mango is interesting for fans of dried fruit. Below are the calories and nutritional values of 100 grams of dried mango:
- 1,342 kJ / 300 kcal
- 2.1 grams of protein
- 0.7 grams of fat
- 70 grams of carbohydrates
The mango is a healthy fruit
The mango is one of the fruits richest in carotene. There are three grams of carotene for every 100 grams of fruit. Carotene is converted by the body into vitamin A, which is important for eyesight, strengthens the immune system and prevents skin aging. In addition to the carotene, the mango contains vitamins B and E.
The sweet fruit has around 39 mg of vitamin C per 100 grams. It is therefore particularly valued as a vitamin C carrier by people with acid-sensitive stomachs. In addition to the vitamins, the minerals in the mango are also worth mentioning. Calcium and phosphorus, which are important for the structure of teeth and bones, and potassium, which strengthens kidney function, are also contained in the healthy fruit, as is magnesium for the nervous system. The mango also has sodium and iron.
As can be seen from this long list, the health aspect of the delicious tropical fruit should not be ignored. Therefore, if possible, it should not only be enjoyed on vacation, but also find its way at home from time to time in the fruit salad or as a side dish to an Asian-themed meal.
The mango tastes fruity and juicy. However, if it is not quite ripe, the taste can be slightly resinous. A ripe mango can be recognized by its aromatic scent. The ripe fruits can also have small brown spots and they give in to slight pressure. If you buy hard mangoes, you can let them ripen at room temperature.
→ Could these pages also interest you?
- How to make a glue stick mop
- How much does vodquila cost
- Chowking family Lauriat put aside
- Yasuo vs riven, who wins big
- Javafx Web Start application on Windows
- Wojciechowska magdalena salon kosmetyczny leszno szpital
- Freestyle 2 how to immerse yourself
- Shopping Bags Wholesale Malaysia Shop
- What origin is El Moussa name origin
- How to sync a note with Sharepoint 2016
- Howard Rotavator Std. 30 parts failure
- Sagaform herb pot instructions on how to tie
- How To Clean Copa Mundial Tongue
- Abeka academy teacher mr howe
- How to Pre-Bake Pizza Dough
- Heel taps for women's shoes in wholesale
- What is dnc in urdu
- Hello 911, what's your emergency
- How much does a Burmilla cat cost
- What happens in the Kavos TV Wiki
- How to put text sharefactory ps4
- Where is Terni Italy map
- How to see older news on viberg
- How to Remove Latency in Boldness
- How do you say brincolin in English?
- Who should I fear texte ppt
- What is mffl strong meaning
- Brevan Howard Macro Hedge Fund
- How to get easy trip nlex philippines
- How to be a Quest Bar Ambassador
- Dr who pyramids of mars part 1
- What is Arete Hybris ass Nemesis
- What chemical is in vinegar