How old is Zinzi Mandela's husband
Zindzi Mandela, daughter of Nelson and Winnie Mandela, dead at 59
Zindzi Mandela, South Africa's Ambassador to Denmark and daughter of anti-apartheid icons Nelson and Winnie Mandela, has died at the age of 59, the South African Department of International Relations and Cooperation said Monday.© Kevin Winter / Getty Images BEVERLY HILLS, CA - NOVEMBER 09: Zindzi Mandela speaks onstage during the 2013 BAFTA LA Jaguar Britannia Awards presented by BBC America at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on November 9, 2013 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter / Getty Images)
"Zindzi will not only be remembered as a daughter of our struggle heroes, Tata Nelson and Mama Winnie Mandela, but as a struggle heroine in her own right. She served South Africa well," Naledi Pandor, Minister of International Relations, said in a short statement Monday morning.
The department said it was still gathering information on the cause of Mandela's death and expects to release a detailed statement later.
Mandela, who was Nelson and Winnie Mandela's youngest daughter, died early Monday morning at a Johannesburg hospital, according to a statement from the office of President Cyril Ramaphosa.
The premier is "deeply saddened" by her death, the statement said.
"I offer my deep condolences to the Mandela family as we mourn the passing of a fearless political activist who was a leader in her own right," Ramaphosa said in the statement.
"Our sadness is compounded by this loss being visited upon us just days before the world marks the birthday of the great Nelson Mandela."
The Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation also released a statement mourning Mandela's death.
She was "regarded by many as a child of the nation," the foundation said in a statement, and her death means "South Africa loses an important generational link connecting our divided history to the promise of better, more inclusive, tomorrows."
A spokesperson for the Nelson Mandela Foundation told CNN it is currently consulting with the Mandela family before it issues its own statement.
The foundation earlier posted that on the same day in 1969, Nelson Mandela's eldest son, Madiba Thembekile Mandela, died in a car crash.
A third sibling, Zenani Mandela-Dlamini, currently serves as South Africa's ambassador to South Korea.
Nelson Mandela died in 2013 at the age of 95.© WALTER DHLADHLA / AFP / Getty Images Zindzi Mandela pictured with father Nelson in 1992.
- Assuming this meaning, however
- What is auth rejected 200
- Kadare and if my memory
- How to bake Tiefenthaler brats
- How do I load the tracker on the iPhone
- What happened to Garryandbrad
- Android Viewholder cannot be canceled
- How To Make Boxthorn Tea
- Chow Tai Fook Nominee Ltd.
- Which countries are watching the Game of Thrones?
- Star sound red triangle specifies Howard
- Semen discharge during Ramadan when Muslims do it
- Brenda leigh turner what i ate today
- Damn Africa, what happened, scene kid
- Karex spolka jawna czestochowa usa
- Shipping rto means what
- Who is actor Lisa Arrindell Anderson's husband
- How do I insert a CD into a Toshiba laptop
- What causes coil breaks in steel
- Googoosha how dare you perevod pesni
- Disney watch films online everywhere except here
- Zebra line black rust polish how to
- Elsword how to ring a couple
- How do I create a flythrough in Archicad
- Xbr65x900c how to reset Sony 4k to factory settings
- Whole body dexa scan
- How long does Movicol take for Movicol to work
- Bruce Dern where the beef t-shirts
- Resurrected doctor dies
- Monte serantes subir chowdhury
- What are 7c in business communication
- Cognomi tedeschi in argentina which part
- MediaWiki LDAP Authentication How To Use Basic
- Howard Springs tavern menu