What color is a whale shark
Wanted poster whale shark
|size||up to 12.65 m|
|speed||up to 5 km / h|
|nutrition||Plankton; also mackerel and small tuna|
|Enemies||Orcas (only young animals endangered)|
|habitat||tropical and subtropical waters|
|Scientific Surname||Rhincodon typus|
|features||largest and heaviest fish in the world|
The whale shark is a peaceful shark with a grayish-blue spotted back, a light belly, and a wide, blunt muzzle. It has two dorsal fins and two pectoral fins.
Where does the whale shark live?
The whale shark lives solitary in tropical or subtropical regions on the open sea. Usually it stays near the surface of the water, but sometimes dives a few hundred meters.
Whale or shark? Despite its name, the whale shark is a fish. In addition, it is the largest fish in the world, over 12 m in length.
The whale shark has the thickest skin in the fish kingdom, it is 10-15 cm thick.
Infrequent food intake
The whale shark has a unique way of feeding. It usually stands upright with its head to the surface of the water and opens its huge, up to 1.5 m wide mouth.
Then he swallows huge amounts of water in which his prey swims at the same time. They are tiny creatures called plankton.
Now he presses the water out through his gills. These are covered with countless small teeth (approx. 300-350 rows with a total of 3,600 teeth) and hold the plankton tight. There are only two other species that eat this way, the basking mouth shark and the basking shark.
The whale shark is sexually mature at 10-30 years. Researchers believe that the female can determine the date of birth and only gives birth to boys if she thinks they have a high chance of survival.
The female is able to give birth to up to 300 live cubs. The small whale sharks develop at great depths to be safe from their natural predators, the orcas.
The whale shark is on the Red List of Threatened Species as "Endangered". There is now a fishing ban.
This profile comes from Tierchenwelt fan Lena! Thank you for the great article! Do you also want to write a fan profile?
More information about the whale shark from tierchenwelt.de:
Is the whale shark dangerous?
Although the whale shark is a shark, it is not dangerous. He is very gentle and does not pose a threat to humans. Most of the time you only come across him as a diver in the open sea, because his size does not allow him to go near the beach.
However, due to its size, it could accidentally suck in a diver or "sweep it away" with its tail fin without realizing it. In fact, out of around 500 species of shark, only a handful are dangerous.
Most sharks swim by moving their caudal fin back and forth. The whale shark doesn't. He tilts his entire body alternately from left to right and from right to left. It doesn't get really fast.
He swims quite comfortably through the sea at a maximum of 5 km / h. But since it does not hunt predators and does not have to fear attacks from other predators, that is completely sufficient.
- Post Sadhu Vaswani Chowk Pune News
- What is a 1788 Maryland neighborhood worth
- Everything everywhere hatfield business park al10 9bw
- How much does the laundry service cost
- Ypiresies cosmote what is reloading
- Where can I find Isle Doriens Battleon
- What does pwned words mean
- What does excessive unwillingness mean?
- Who is Matt Export Settings for YouTube
- How to Play Bingo Lotto Series
- Ayat jemputan majlis perkahwinan di whatsapp
- How big are grizzly bear claws
- What is an example of a tourism marketing environment
- Konica Auto S2 Specifications Howard
- Somehow dia dance practice mirrored dresser
- Where is orange grove nsw
- Which countries are watching the Game of Thrones?
- What a drug are snowflakes
- How old is Crystal Rose TV presenter
- Places where computers are used
- Tram 2 Amsterdam map where is Amsterdam
- What does first cut mean
- What is considered a family provision checklist
- Sort in descending order proc sql where
- Lindsay Orchowski Brown University
- Hector Lavoe Bandolera Descargar WhatsApp
- 20 Howe Road Onchan Commissioners
- What does svit kona
- Bog mud wholesale bulk
- Boonie Planet, how to drop crystals
- Mac alarm clock during sleep training
- Where is my family tracker