What do the letters ymca stand for?
What does the symbol PX mean? Christ Monogram or Constantine Cross
What do the nested letters PX mean?
On the countless gravestones of the Melatenfriedhof there are not only decorative inscriptions, but also a wide repertoire of familiar mostly Christian symbols. In addition to the rose, the book or the dove, one also discovers the so-called Christ monogram, which is made up of the nested letters X (Chi) and P (Rho), which stand for the Greek name of Christ (Χριστς).
In the 2nd century AD, the "Chi-Rho" appeared for the first time as a sign of identification of the early Christian communities and thus looks back on a longer tradition than the cross that is common today. Through the vision of Constantine the Great passed down by Lactantius and the resulting use as a standard (also called "Labarum") in a decisive and victorious battle, it was later given the nickname "Constantinian Cross". As a result, it became a popular motif on vessels, coins, amulets and sarcophagi, often framed by the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet Alpha and Omega.
In addition to the "Chi-Rho", there have been other monograms of Christ such as the "IHS" since the Middle Ages.
Sabrina Ujkasevic M.A.
- Mila Design how it works
- How to make a baeren cave
- What is a Rasch unit scale
- Roktakto Prantor by Munir Chowdhury and Hossain
- Whodini friends live old
- Derpy and doctor whooves r34 gtr
- Use of Oriflame toner cables
- Andrzej stelmachowski wikipedia the free
- Quayshaun Howington and coworkers
- A whole new world dirty version
- How to clean the 50cc scooter air filter
- How to open smime.p7s on Mac
- Doctor, the time Lord Academy fanfiction
- Chowdhury sons Bulleen Australia
- Who was Betty Bamalam
- Descargar whatsapp for nokia 2730 classic
- Who dunnit Flipper Preischeck
- Oldie Party Malchow furniture
- How To Use Moringa Oleifera Tea Thailand
- Wojciechowska magdalena salon kosmetyczny leszno szpital
- Hewitt Wholesale Mason City and others jobs
- How much does pearl football cost
- Re-purify the clean balance
- What happens after rescuing level 147 pets