Butamirate Citrate What To Avoid
Difference Between Magnesium Glycinate and Citrate
Key Difference - Magnesium Glycinate vs. citrate
Magnesium glycinate and magnesium citrate are mainly used as dietary supplements for magnesium. Magnesium glycinate is a magnesium salt of glycine. Magnesium citrate is a magnesium salt of citric acid. These connections have similarities as well as differences. The Main difference between magnesium glycinate and magnesium citrate is that Magnesium glycinate is absorbed by the body in the form of amino acids, while magnesium citrate attracts water from tissues through osmosis.
1. Overview and key difference
2. What is Magnesium Glycinate?
3. What is Magnesium Citrate?
4. Similarities Between Magnesium Glycinate and Citrate
5. Side-by-side comparison - magnesium glycinate vs. citrate in tabular form
What is Magnesium Glycinate?
Magnesium glycinate is the magnesium salt of glycine. Glycine is an amino acid. It is classified as a non-essential amino acid. The chemical formula of this compound is C.4H8MgN2O4. The molar mass of magnesium glycinate is 172.42 g / mol. The magnesium glycinate molecule contains magnesium cation and glycinate anion in a ratio of 1: 2. The IUPAC name of this compound is magnesium-2-aminoacetate.
Figure 01: Chemical structure of glycinate anions
Magnesium glycinate is heavily absorbed in our body as it is an amino acid. It can easily be carried to body cells. Hence, this compound is used in magnesium supplements. It is very effective as a supplement because one molecule of magnesium glycinate contains 14.1% magnesium by weight. Some key magnesium glycinate benefits are listed below.
- The use of magnesium glycinate can reduce the serious consequences of chronic fatigue.
- It also helps smooth out mood swings.
- It works as a supplement for those suffering from magnesium deficiency in lowering high blood pressure (a little).
What is Magnesium Citrate?
Magnesium citrate is the magnesium salt of citric acid. The chemical formula of magnesium citrate is C.6H6MgO7. The molar mass of this compound is 214.41 g / mol. The IUPAC name of the compound is magnesium 2-hydroxypropane-1,2,3-tricarboxylate.
Figure 02: Chemical structure of magnesium citrate
This compound is available as a powder. One molecule of magnesium citrate contains a magnesium cation and a citrate anion in a ratio of 1: 1. In some cases, such as the trimagnesium citrate compound, it is also referred to as magnesium citrate. Hence, it is a common name for magnesium salts of citrate. Compared to other forms of magnesium salts citrate, magnesium citrate is more water soluble and less alkaline.
Magnesium citrate is mostly offered as a tablet or liquid to take by mouth. The commercially available forms of magnesium citrate are known as citrate of magnesia, citroma, and so on. Magnesium citrate is used as a supplement to magnesium. In addition to being used as a dietary supplement, it is also used as a food additive.
Magnesium citrate works by attracting water from tissues through osmosis. Once in the intestines, it can attract enough water to help prevent constipation, bowel irregularities, or bowel evacuation. However, some side effects have been reported. E.g. diarrhea, abdominal cramps, electrolytic imbalance in the body, vomiting, etc.
What are the Similarities Between Magnesium Glycinate and Citrate?
- Both magnesium glycinate and citrate are used as a drug.
- Both magnesium glycinate and citrate are used as dietary supplements.
- Both magnesium glycinate and citrate are used to treat magnesium deficiency.
What is the difference between Magnesium Glycinate and Citrate?
Magnesium glycinate vs. citrate
|Magnesium glycinate is the magnesium salt of glycine.||Magnesium citrate is the magnesium salt of citric acid.|
|Magnesium glycinate is a derivative of an amino acid; Glycine.||Magnesium citrate is a derivative of an acid; Citric acid.|
|The IUPAC name of magnesium glycinate is magnesium 2-aminoacetate.||The IUPAC name of magnesium citrate is magnesium 2-hydroxypropane-1,2,3-tricarboxylate.|
|The chemical formula of magnesium glycinate is C.4H8MgN2O4.||The chemical formula of magnesium citrate is C.6H6MgO7.|
|The molar mass of magnesium glycinate is 172.42 g / mol.||The molar mass of magnesium citrate is 214.41 g / mol.|
|Ratio of cation to anion|
|The ratio of cation to anion in magnesium glycinate is 1: 2.||The ratio of cation to anion in magnesium citrate is 1: 1.|
Summary -Magnesium Glycinate vs. citrate
Magnesium glycinate and magnesium citrate are compounds derived from various starting compounds by forming a magnesium salt of these compounds. These two compounds are very important as magnesium supplements and are also used as a medicine. The difference between magnesium glycinate and magnesium citrate is that magnesium glycinate works by being absorbed into the body in the form of amino acids, while magnesium citrate attracts water from tissues through osmosis.
1. "Magnesium Glycinate". National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubChem Compound Database, United States National Library of Medicine. Available here
2. “Magnesium Citrate.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, February 17, 2018. Available here
3. Kent, Linda Tarr. “What are the Benefits of Magnesium Glycinate?” COM, Leaf Group, October 3, 2017. Available here
1. "Glycinate" by Fvasconcellos (Public Domain) via Commons Wikimedia
2.'Magnesium citrate'By Edgar181 - Own work, (Public Domain) via Commons Wikimedia
- Wholesale fire brigade gifts and equipment
- Where to place the placement of the Guan Gong statue
- How to play gif files in vb6
- Zeke y luther actors who played
- Bijelo dugme ai ti me iznevjeri wikihow
- Zychowicz chomikuj epub bud
- Mike kirkland winwholesale inc.
- Ahrar Ahmed Chowdhury and Hossain
- How to grow brain cell backgrounds
- What is Roflacgu Text doing
- What a lovely duwang rwby episode
- Installation of the floodlight control step by step drawing
- How are forests and grasslands cared for?
- Answers to what you're doing tonight
- What are two main components of the CPU
- How to change the bit depth in Illustrator
- How to type enye on iphone
- Lol what does options mean
- Wizard101 what pets heal
- How to patent your design in India
- How to refund a U-Bahn-Nord ticket purchase
- What is the blessing of the blessed sacrament
- Adannadavid as we got to know books
- Herbalism vape pouches in whole milk