Who wants to be a scriptionaire
Who do i want to be OR Who do I want to be?
There are two questions that you come across again and again in various success books and that are worth thinking about more closely: Who do I want to be? AND: Who do I want to be? The questions hardly differ from each other, in some cases they are even used synonymously. But that is a colossal mistake. In fact, it makes a world of difference which of the two questions someone asks themselves or even chooses as a maxim ...
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
Self-reflection - but right
The above thesis naturally calls for an explanation. So: why does the question make such a difference?
Who do i want to be
The question “Who do I want to be?” Implies that we could be someone other than who we are right now. From now on equal. As with an actor, it tempts you to play a role. Or to correspond to a figure that others would like to see in us. Mind you, the question is not: Who am I? This question is a good one because it encourages self-reflection. “Who do I want to be?”, On the other hand, leads to a superficial life: it acts as if personality and character were a projection surface onto which we could throw another image: More appearance than reality ...
Who do I want to be?
The second question, “Who do I want to become?” Is one evolutionary step further. First of all, it assumes that you already know who you are; that you are aware of your strengths and weaknesses. Because only those who know where they come from, i.e. who know the starting point, can also determine a course. Such a question also leads to viewing one's life as a process, as a path on which one can develop - self-determinedly. Exactly: self-determined! Anyone who asks this question is not just drifting through life, does not develop by chance, but towards a chosen goal. And it's good to have goals. Long-term as well as short-term.
Because none of this will happen from now on, the second question also reveals a humble attitude: “I'm not ready yet. But I'm on my way there! "
Achieve goals: Use the SMART method
Last but not least, you can also use the so-called SMART method to formulate and achieve your goals, whereby the focus here is on initially assessing your own goals as realistically as possible and then setting reasonable deadlines. The SMART method is anything but new, it was developed in 1956 and is an acronym. It is:
- Specific: Goals should be described as specifically as possible.
- Measurable: Orientate yourself on measurable facts.
- Attractive: Plan in such a way that you also feel like doing it.
- Realistic: Of course, what you set out to do must also be feasible.
- On schedule: That means planning the tasks in a timely manner. So roughly: I want to earn ten percent more by the end of the year.
Who do I want to be? - The way to the goal
The question of who you want to become is also a huge opportunity. She says, “You can choose who you want to be. You don't have to stay who you are or how others see you. ”Although that can of course be quite sufficient. Nevertheless, nobody can say that we have not developed further over the years. We're not the teenagers we used to be (except for the few kids' heads, maybe). We develop either way. But he who asks leads - and in this case himself and his life.
It only likes a nuance that distinguishes the two questions. Superficial. And yet they differ enormously in the result: Do you want to be something in order to appear - or do you want to become something in order to be? Quite often the journey is the goal.
What other readers have read about it
Jochen Mai is the founder and editor-in-chief of the career bible. The author of several books lectures at the TH Köln and is a sought-after keynote speaker, coach and consultant.
- Doctor who theme theme guitar tab roses
- How long do the National Guard exercises last
- Diesel versus hybrid, which is better
- How I learned to drive monologue
- What do bristle fish eat
- What is doggicam in filmmaking
- How to build shrimp trawl boards
- Itaneji lemon fanfiction where Naruto
- Where can I find a Santa Tracker
- Doctor who provides universal remote instructions
- How to synchronize aduro amplified sbn35 headphones
- How to access the secret room of puzzles
- How polaroid film works entertainment
- Who are the best gospel bassists
- Caiu no whatsapp Adolescentes bh
- What is a Gold Seal Flight Instructor
- Who Owns Orange Leaf in Richmond Ky
- What does the clip type no
- How to delete the folder found.000
- Who is Joe Cleezy's wife
- When dachshunds ruled the Serengeti trade
- Maisonneuve-style ankle injury definition who
- Sti spartan iv specs howard
- How to clean the 50cc scooter air filter