Plathara, where the green comes from
Admission, Hours, and Guidelines
The health and safety of our guests, staff, and collection are our highest priorities. Here is what you can expect:
- Admission: Museum Members are free (Join now) | Adults: $ 5 | Seniors, military, university students: $ 3 | Visitors 19 years and under are free | Healthcare workers and first responders are free through December 31, 2020
- The garden is open to visitors Wednesday through Sunday (closed Mondays and Tuesdays)
- Hours: 10 AM - 5 PM
- No social gathering will be permitted. Please visit by yourself or with those from your household.
- If you are not feeling well, especially if you have a fever, please stay home and return to visit the garden at a later date.
- Visitors to the garden will remain at 50% capacity.
- The Pavilion in the garden will remain closed for the time being.
- Gallery attendants will be on site to monitor social distancing and foot traffic flow.
- All visitors will enter and exit through the main entrance of the garden (by the Dueling Oaks). Markings on the ground at the entrance will ensure visitors stand 6 feet apart, should a line need to form. DOWNLOAD A MAP
- Markings around sculptures will ensure a distance of six feet is maintained.
- We ask that visitors wear face masks as per CDC, state, and city guidelines. Face masks will be available for purchase upon entry.
- Entrances and the central bridge will have sanitizing stations for visitors.
- Garden facilities, including restrooms, will undergo enhanced cleaning protocols throughout the day.
- Standard rules of conduct in the Besthoff Sculpture Garden may be found here.
The Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden at NOMA
The Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden occupies approximately eleven acres in City Park adjacent to the museum. Atypical of most sculpture gardens, this garden is located within a mature existing landscape of pines, magnolias and live oaks surrounding two lagoons. The garden design creates outdoor viewing spaces within this picturesque landscape. Conceived in 2003, the Besthoff Sculpture Garden doubled in size in 2019 and has grown from its inception to include more than 90 sculptures, most of them donated to NOMA by the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Foundation.
Artists featured in the expansion include Larry Bell, Tony Cragg, Johan Creten, Katharina Fritsch, Frank Gehry, Jeppe Hein, Georg Herold, Thomas Houseago, Shirazeh Houshiary, Baltasar Lobo, Robert Longo, Gerold Miller, Beverly Pepper, Pedro Reyes, George Rickey , Ursula von Rydingsvard, Sean Scully, Yinka Shonibare, Frank Stella, Hank Willis Thomas, Bernar Venet, and Fred Wilson. Three works were commissioned for the site: a 60-foot-long mosaic wall by artist Teresita Fernández, a glass bridge by Elyn Zimmerman, and an installation by Maya Lin inside the Sculpture Pavilion.
Watch a video from the grand opening ceremony of the Besthoff Sculpture Garden expansion.
The Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden is home to more than 90 sculptures by renowned artists from around the world, set within a picturesque landscape of native Louisiana trees and plants.
NOMA offers a free mobile guide and audio tour of the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden, accessible through your own cell phones.
Learn More about the Garden
For more information on the sculptures and history of the original 2003 Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden, please see these two fully illustrated publications, both of which are available for purchase in the NOMA Museum Shop:
The Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden at the New Orleans Museum of Artoffers detailed entries on 64 artworks in the original 2003 garden, as well as a bibliography and overview of the garden’s founding. 192 pages, hardcover. Edited by Miranda Lash. $49.95
The Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden at the New Orleans Museum of Art: Artspacesoffers an overview of the garden’s 2003 founding and themes. 64 pages, softcover. By Miranda Lash. $7.95
- What does morning constitutional meaning mean
- Whose line is it uk cast anyway
- Howrah to Mumbai ten times
- Maan Singh Pehowa whale exposed
- Razor head with bald head
- Misteria killing jfk new evidence
- What happens at the age of 23
- How to use Skinfood rice mask
- Mv susitna specs howard
- Arzol silver nitrate how to use
- Eldest god in Hinduism, which is Brahman
- How to adjust kanken straps to move
- Next table of abbreviations for whole numbers
- Nyuszi fashion heels wholesale
- What's wrong with Raidcall
- Iometer dynamo how to
- How to calculate the total article correlation in spss
- Lien ying chow drive angry
- Zina cap for what age
- Nginx Fastcgi Perl Howto
- How to determine the reflectivity of an asteroid
- What happened in 1738 to Fetty Wap clothing
- When peace like a river chant plus
- Brookview Meadows Howard Wisconsin Map