2011 elantra strange noise at the start
Strange noise when starting
following question, I'm assuming all of this for my car with only 30,000km
is okay, but
when the engine is cold, immediately after the ignition noise, almost during the actual "starting hum" of the engine, there is a strange,
short, bright noise maybe for a second. Then the engine falls into its quiet idle as always! If it's really warm, that's completely gone.
What is that supposed to be?
I suspected that some additional pump / heater / fan ... switched on
Who can give me an answer, hope everything is ok
I could also imagine that it is the starter.
When you start, the starter motor is connected to its own engine.
If you let go of the ignition key, the starter will be disengaged again.
This disengagement is sometimes delayed so that the starter motor is then activated
is driven by the starting car engine.
Dadzrch gets the starter motor in atypically high speed ranges, what exactly
causing this noise.
When the starter finally disengages, the noise disappears again.
Hmm ... interesting.
but now I still don't know if this is normal?
Could someone please report who also has a V5 20v?
Hello? nobody there?
do I have to do something now? can I get rid of the noise or not?
with so few km the starter can't be defective, can it? above all, it always starts perfectly, even at -10 degrees
Originally written by ks-kommando
New starter and everything is as it should, without this noise.
and that with so few km? does that have to be real? and what about the topic of starting the starter or greasing it? what does something like that cost compared to the new part?
To bring some light into the dark: The magnetic switch on the starter does not disengage properly or correctly. Therefore, the starter runs for a short time and makes this great noise. In the long run it can break the starter. As a rule, the starter is dismantled and everything is re-greased. If that is no longer useful, you need a new so-called "engagement magnetic switch". That was it ;)
maybe it could help if the rocker arm slips a little easier. In general something comes from A = Matterial or B = is just like that.
Originally written by kamikaze schumi
To bring some light into the dark: The magnetic switch on the starter does not disengage properly or correctly. Therefore the starter runs for a short time and makes this great noise. In the long run it can break the starter. As a rule, the starter is dismantled and everything is re-greased; if that is no longer useful, you need a new so-called "engagement magnet switch". That was it ;)
I typed and you were faster;)
Thank you for your answers,
what would this greasing cost?
1. at vw
2. at an independent workshop
do they know exactly what to do there?
:-) can the atu do that?
another question: is the noise definitely gone afterwards?
About half an hour of work. If everything goes well, it's gone, nobody gives you a 100% guarantee. But before I buy a new starter or magnetic switch, I would first grease it.
thank you thank you that with atu was clear ...
I'm unfortunately not so clever, go to our free workshop
- Support group for amputees throughout life
- Curtis Pittman Howard University
- What is Sony LED motion mode
- How to attach the gas regulator
- What do you have to do with Hindi
- Brazil wholesale dried flowers
- Bundler command not found whenever
- What does a pumping station dome
- What does Sarah mean in Arabic
- What happened to Arija Bareiki's leg
- How to cut cheesecake with waxed paper
- How does Halotracker Trueskill work
- Lotte World headbands wholesale
- Matthew Grindeland Howard Lake Mn
- Slim face more attractive when in love
- 15 msec corresponds to how much American
- 34b to 34d how many cmВі
- How to install podbot in cs 1.6
- DXN products in Nepal, how to share
- What happened to the Revopower wheel
- What is the postcode number of Sialkot Pakistan
- Games to play while drinking with friends
- How to play a zookeeper fight with friends
- What ate the border
- You gracious God, whose mercy bestows texts
- How much do Devol kitchens cost
- Drbd how to get 7 iso centos
- How to set up the Dayz server
- Dumaresq St Campbelltown Massage Everywhere
- Tactic ogres how to get Vyce
- Subjective bias in evaluating art
- What does IP57
- Rediskey C & S wholesale grocery
- What happens to a dream