How to use Ascending Storm Rune
Silicification »What does it mean and how does it work?
What is silicification?
"Silicification" means the construction of a horizontal barrier by means of borehole injection. While silica was used for this in the past - even in Roman antiquity - organic or inorganic chemicals are used today.
These reach the masonry affected by moisture via one or, at best, two rows of holes. The arrangement of the holes is based on the WTA leaflet 4-4-04. After cleaning the boreholes with compressed air, they are equipped with packers. Via these funnels, the injection liquid reaches the masonry without pressure or with pressure. There it reacts with the existing moisture, develops water-repellent properties and closes pores and cavities in the masonry: This creates a continuous Horizontal barrier against capillary rising damp. Finally, the packers are removed and the drill holes closed again.
Do it yourself for 359 €. With Thor Protect.
Basement waterproofing through silicification: why is it necessary?
If property owners ignore capillary rising damp, the masonry becomes more and more moist. Peeling plaster and efflorescence appear at the places where the water escapes and evaporates on the inside wall of the cellar. In addition, mildly harmful mold settles on a damp cellar wall. In the long run, moisture leads to ailing masonry which, in the worst case, endangers the stability of the entire house.
The disadvantage: it is difficult to check the quality of the workmanship
Unfortunately, the quality of the execution of the silicification is difficult to understand, even for experts. A visual check is not possible. Therefore, as a client, you should make sure that your specialist company does not guarantee the technical performance, but rather the success of the measure.
It takes a long time to determine on site whether the basement waterproofing by means of silicification is reliable: After all, it takes time for a damp basement wall to become noticeably drier. Alternatively, homeowners can cut out a section of the horizontal barrier and have it checked for water permeability in a laboratory. A drill dust analysis is a little less complex.
Important: lower the moisture content in the masonry beforehand
For a particularly high probability of success, the moisture content in the masonry before silicification must not exceed 20 percent. If necessary, building dryers, dehumidifiers or heating rods should be used beforehand. Their rental costs as well as the increased power consumption can significantly increase the costs for the silicification, at the same time the chances of success increase by 80 percent. Alternatively, building dryers or dehumidifiers are also available on the Internet for little money. We recommend the linked dehumidifier (➚).
Alternatives to silicification
A horizontal barrier as part of the basement waterproofing from the inside can also be created using various other methods. These differ significantly in terms of workload and material wear, have individual advantages and disadvantages and are therefore associated with more or less high costs.
Among other things, there are these alternative horizontal seals:
- At the Masonry process the masonry is cut with a sword or wire saw. Sealing elements are inserted into the resulting slot.
- If the basement wall is already badly damaged, this is often recommended Wall exchange procedure. By means of core drilling, masonry with a high salt load is removed and replaced with fresh mortar.
- The Ramming checker plate method is only an option if there is a continuous bed joint in the masonry. Chrome-nickel steel sheets are driven into this with compressed air.
- In the Electroosmosis an electromagnetic field is generated. This directs the water molecules from the masonry towards the ground.
Basement waterproofing - XXL guidelines - 11 methods for cellar waterproofing
Additional content on the subject of silicification
Specialist companies in your region
Would you like to protect your cellar against moisture over the long term? You can easily find specialist companies for silicification using our free comparison of offers.
Article summarized as a video
- Now raised children who are self-educating
- Grant Howard Attorney Austin
- How to cook dhal puri roti
- Affective communication test Howard Friedman
- Which neither confirms nor denies the meaning
- How To Make Spiculum Jewelry
- Who can countersign an Irish passport photo
- Revision notes for casablanca on the way of working
- How to get to mallikarjun jyotirlinga from chennai
- Tammy's Recipes Whole Wheat Bread
- Zollie stevenson howard university
- How to Make Guns in Minecraft iPad
- Sander Venema Howden fan
- How to act like Princess Merida
- Chowk Yateem Khana Lahore map completed
- Relays for life fundraising goods wholesale
- James Howard Marshall Jr. artist
- Canibus eminem died as evidence
- Noida Botanical Garden to Pari Chowk Noida
- What happened to Hodgins and Angela's baby
- Khristian Howell husband wedding
- How do I install custom kernel Android M8
- How to bind a futaba r203gf receiver
- What is handicap doing in the civilization revolution