How to activate assistive touch iphone 3gs
HOW TO: How To Use Voice Control For IPhone And IPod Touch - 2021
Introduction to voice control
Siri can get everyone's attention, but it's not the only way to use your voice to control your iPhone or iPod touch. Siri wasn't the first way to do this either. Before Siri was voice control.
Voice Control was introduced with iOS 3.0 and allows users to control the iPhone and music apps by speaking into the phone's microphone. Though Voice Control was later replaced by Siri, it's still hidden in the iOS and available if you'd prefer it to Siri.
This article explains how to enable voice control, how it can be used with different apps. This article also provides tips on how to improve your use of voice control.
Voice control requirements
- iPhone 3GS or newer
- Third generation iPod touch or newer
- iOS 3.0 or higher
- Headphones with remote control and microphone
How to activate voice control
On modern iPhones and iPod touches, Siri is activated by default. To use voice control, you'll need to turn off Siri. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Tap the the settings App
- Tap General
- Tap Siri
- Move the Siri Slider on Off / White.
Now when you use the voice activation features, you are using voice control.
How to lock voice control
When voice control is activated, it can always accept commands from the music app. However, if you accidentally want to dial a phone number while your iPhone is locked, you need to turn the feature off.
- Tap thethe settingsApp
- TapTap ID & Passcode (iPhone 5s and higher) orpassword (earlier models)
- Switch offLanguage selection
Languages supported by voice control
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Chinese (China)
- Chinese (Taiwan)
- English (Australian)
- English UK)
- American English.)
- French (Canada)
- French France)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Spanish (Mexico)
- Spanish (Spain)
You can only change the language used for voice control:
- Tap on the settings App
- Tap the language possibility
- Select the language you want Voice Control to listen to.
Depending on your phone, you may need to follow this path to change the language (this works for iPhone 7):
- Go to Settings
- Tap Voice control
Activate voice control
Voice control can be activated in two ways:
From the remote control: If you're using the Apple EarPods, just hold down the middle of the remote control button (not the plus or minus button, but between) for a few seconds. The voice control appears on the screen.
From the home button: Press and hold the iPhone's Home button (the button just below the screen on the front of the phone) for a few seconds. The voice control is displayed.
Wait until you hear a double beep and / or the Voice Control app appears on the screen and you are good to go.02 of 04
Use iPhone Voice Control with Music
When it comes to music, Voice Control is especially useful when your iPhone is in a pocket or backpack and you want information about what you are listening to or to change what you are playing.
Get information about music
You can ask iPhone basic music playback questions, such as:
- "What song is that?"
- "Which artist is that?"
- "Which album is that?"
- "What playlist is that?"
You don't have to ask these questions in that exact language either. The voice control is flexible and can therefore also respond to questions such as "What to play?"
After asking the question, a slightly robotic voice will give you the answer.
Voice control also lets you control what is playing on iPhone. Try commands like:
- Play songs by (artist name)
- Game (name of song)
- Play (name of album or playlist)
- Play music
- Pause music
- Play next song or play previous track
- Next song or previous song
As with the questions, try different versions of these commands. Voice control understands many of them.
Tips for using voice control with music
Voice control is generally weakest with music, but these tips can help improve the experience.
- Voice Control cannot play individual tracks, only albums, playlists or artists. So don't ask for titles.
- Be as precise as possible: With "Play Artist Ani DiFranco" you will achieve a better result than "Ani DiFranco".
- If a band has “the” in their name, say “the” - Voice Control will listen.
- To shuffle within a playlist, say "Shuffle".
- You can use Genius to create a playlist based on the song you are listening to by saying "Genius", "play more this way", or "play more songs this way"
Voice control accuracy with music
While voice control is undoubtedly a great feature, it leaves a few things to be desired when it comes to controlling the Music app. The experience is marred by speech recognition not working as well as it could.
If you're frustrated and really want to speak your music commands, Siri may be a better choice.03 of 04
Use IPhone voice control with the phone
When it comes to the phone app, voice control can be great; if your iPhone is in your pocket or purse, or you're driving and want to keep an eye on the road while you're on the phone, you can do it without the help of Siri.
How to choose someone with voice control
Using voice control to call someone in your address book is very easy. Just say "Call (person's name)". Voice Control repeats the name and starts dialing.Top:If you pick the wrong person, just tap the Cancel button at the bottom of the screen to end the call.
If the person you want to call has multiple numbers in your address book, just say the number you want to call too. For example, "Call mom mobile" would call your mother's cell while "call mom home" would call her home.
- As always, voice control repeats what it will do for you.
If someone has multiple numbers and you forget to include the number to call, Voice Control will say "Multiple hits" and list them.
- Wait for the double beep then say which number you want to call (ex cellphone, home, other etc) and it will be dialed.
Often, when Voice Control is not sure what name you said, it will say "Multiple Matches Found" and alert you.
- Wait for double the depth and say the name again or cancel.
Or you can dial a number
You don't need a number in your address book to call them with Voice Control.
- Just turn on voice control and say "call (the number)" and enter the numbers.
- You can also combine numbers. For example, 800 is recognized when you say "eight hundred" or formulate it as 8-0-0.
Tips for using voice control with your phone
Voice control works best with the phone. These tips make it even better.
- Use the first and last name of the person you are calling.
- If the contact you are calling has more than one phone number, use the first name, last name, and phone name of the phone you assigned to the contact (e.g. home, office, cell phone, etc.).
- Voice control has problems with owners. Try to avoid commands like "call Sheila's cell phone". Instead, say "Call Sheila's Cell".
- If you have two contacts who are regularly confused by Voice Control, give one (or both) of them a nickname. To do this, go to the contact, tap on "Edit" and then on "Add field". Tap Nickname and assign one.
Use voice control and FaceTime
Voice Control also lets you activate FaceTime, Apple's video chat technology. For this to work, FaceTime needs to be turned on and you need to call someone with a FaceTime compatible device.
When these requirements are met, activating FaceTime using Voice Control works the same way as other calls.
Try to use the person's full name and avoid possessives which are difficult for Voice Control to process. Try something like "FaceTime Dad on his phone".
Tips for using voice control with FaceTime
According to Apple, Voice Control can run into problems in two areas when using FaceTime:
- With short names; Instead, say the person's full name.
- With owners, try longer commands like "Facetime Sam on his cell phone" or use a short name for the person you want to use Facetime (you need to add a short name to the address book entry).
More tips on voice control
As mentioned earlier, the voice control is somewhat spot on with its accuracy. Just because it doesn't go right every time doesn't mean you can't use some tips and techniques to get an accurate response to your voice control commands.
General tips on voice control
Whether you use it for the phone or for music:
- Wait for the voice control tone to end before speaking. If you speak while the sound is playing some of you will be missed.
- Do not pause too long after the tone, as this can mess up the voice control
- If you say "Cancel" before an action has fully started, it will be canceled. Timing can be tricky and you may have to try again.
- You can find out the current time by activating voice control and saying, "What time is it?"
Do all headphones work with voice control?
One way to enable voice control is to use the Apple headphones with remote control and microphone that come standard with the iPhone. But are these earbuds the only earbuds or headphones that can activate voice control?
Bose and several other companies make headphones that may be compatible with iPhone voice control. Check with the manufacturer and Apple before making a purchase.
Fortunately, for those who prefer to use headphones other than Apple's earbuds, there is the option to activate voice control: the home button.
Other voice control functions
Voice control can also be used for a number of additional commands, e.g. For example, to get the time and make FaceTime calls. Check out this full list of accepted voice control commands.
- Which planet can I see now
- How to change the accu-chek multiclix lancet device
- What does Panocha mean in Spanish slang
- What cartoon character was wearing a helmet
- Collarbones, how to define curls
- Noor al jabal halal meat wholesale
- Who rules over the 5 points
- Gansberg 37, who saw murder
- How babies are born as a documentary storm
- How do sugar pouring boots work
- What does tax issue 152 really mean?
- Nasheed isis my ummah those who follow
- Where did Dmitriy Kanarikov work
- How do I get a certificate of final validity
- Mdx subcube vs where clause in linq
- Taoyuan Taiwan what to do
- How to plant garlic indoors
- It's a shame you're a rascal wikihow
- Ken Hensley, when evening comes, piano chords
- What does careless and thoughtless driving mean?
- How to Approach a Shy Scorpio Man
- J0530 what code has it replaced
- Pregnancy instructions for playing
- What is Undertrading in Accounting