How to disable the NFS service in Aix
As with desktop applications, the application packages on your Synology NAS will occasionally need to be restarted. In contrast to desktop applications, however, this is a little unclear how does it work? Let's take a look at the why, when, and how of restarting application packages.
Unlike the applications that you frequently open and close on your desktop computer, application packages on your Synology NAS Server are more similar to services than desktop apps, so it's best to keep them running all the time unless you do have an urgent need to turn them off. Here are some examples of when you might want to pause and / or restart an application package:
- An application package is malfunctioning in some way. Rebooting is a suitable troubleshooting measure.
- An application package is resource-intensive and rarely used. It is an appropriate action to stop it during long periods of non-use.
- An application package is reading or writing to a hard drive that you are troubleshooting. It is an appropriate measure to stop it temporarily so as not to stress the hard drive (s).
Typically, however, you will get the most benefit from your Synology NAS by running all of the installed packages. An always-on home server loses much of its usefulness when you have to manually turn on the backup, photo, or music services.
To pause and restart some or all of the installed packages, simply navigate to the web-based user interface of your Synology NAS and select the Package Center shortcut (either on the desktop or in the full application menu, accessible from the menu button on the top toolbar)
In the Package Manager, simply select the application you want to start, stop, or restart the list of installed applications as shown below. For the purposes of this tutorial, we will select "Download Station". Notice that the main entry for the application package indicates that the package is currently running.
In the detail view under the application package icon, select the "Action" drop-down menu (see below) Application package running, you can select "Stop" to stop it.
You will be asked to confirm that you want to stop the package. Confirm with "Yes".
You will see a short animation when the package is stopped and the status in the column under the drop-down menu changes from "Running" to "Stopped". If you turn off the package for an extended period of time, you're done. If you reboot to throw a ghost out of the machine and get things running smoothly again, click the drop-down menu again and choose "Run" to start the package again.
Although your trips to the package manager to stop and restart apps will be rare - in our experience the NAS and application packages are very stable - now you know your way around and can show up if necessary to give a bad package a nudge .
Here's how to set up your Nest Cam
Nest Cam is an easy-to-use security camera that plugs into any power outlet and connects directly to your WiFi network, so you can stay connected wherever you are. Here's how to set it up. Of course, to get started, you'll need a Nest Cam - it comes both indoors and outdoors.
How to use different wallpapers on multiple monitors in Windows 7
So you've just unpacked the new monitor and it's sitting fresh and new on your desk, putting your other little displays to shame. Now you have to give it a splendor of fate: a kick-ass wallpaper from the online repository of your choice. But now comes the puzzle - what if you want to use different images on different screens?
- How do airsoft miniguns work
- Asphalt 5 java phoneky whatsapp
- How to Make Creative Paper Vesak Lanterns
- How to grow chocolate thai weed
- 45 Bracken Court Howell NJ County
- Everyone knows we don't have rare files
- How long do cjc 1295 reviews run
- How to change the database instance in the micro-strategy
- Can aliexpress wholesale wang
- Trethowan log into Hotmail
- Hawtcelebs all the celebrities who signed up
- Explain how ww2 started in Europe
- What killed precious simelane
- Rigctld grig when grown
- Aspirin and alcohol how long to wait
- How does espn k zone
- Sunnex soup warmer instructions on how to tie
- 191 cm 91 kg is how many pounds
- How long does it take to incubate the pheasant eggs
- How do the compression-type connector worksheets work
- What does cmc stand for in psychology
- Gel nails bad during pregnancy
- Whatsapp group dp pictures funny faces
- What does it mean?