Where does Bitnami install WordPress on Mac
Install WordPress locally on Windows with Bitnami - Instructions
What is WordPress?
WordPress is the best known and most widely used content management system (CMS) in the world, which allows you to easily create a professional website or blog without any programming knowledge.
According to a market share analysis by Hostpress from 2020, WordPress is used on 36.3% of all websites worldwide. In the CMS market, WordPress has a market share of 63.3%, i.e. almost 2/3 of all CMS used are WordPress.
For comparison: Joomla, the second most popular CMS, is used by 2.4% of all websites worldwide and has a CMS market share of just 4.1%.
With WordPress you can not only create professional company websites, but also blogs, eCommerce stores, forums and social networks.
Why install WordPress locally on your computer?
There are several reasons why you should install WordPress locally on your Windows computer. The most important and common are the following:
- Gain first experience: With a local WordPress installation you can gain your first experience with WordPress and decide for yourself whether WordPress meets your needs and requirements
- Local tests: It often happens that you want to test a certain WordPress plugin or theme, but not on your productive website. A local WordPress installation is ideal for this. With it you can test various components and then incorporate them into your productive website.
- No expenses for web host and domain: Local installations do not require web hosting and domains. All you need is a web server and a database and the latest WordPress code. And you can start nicely.
Danger: Of course, a local WordPress installation offers some advantages. The biggest disadvantage, however, is that a local installation cannot be accessed from the Internet. That means you are the only one who can access the website. But that's not bad and may even be wanted so that not everyone sees what you are testing and how you gain your first experiences.
What is the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com
Often times, many users experience confusion between the WordPress.org and WordPress.com websites. In a nutshell, the difference is the following:
- WordPress.org is the open source software WordPress which you install on your own web hosting and with which you then design your website.
- WordPress.com is a web host or hosting service based on WordPress. At WordPress.com you pay for the hosting of your WordPress website.
If you now want to download WordPress in order to install it locally but also later at your web host, then you have to do this via WordPress.org. If, on the other hand, you want WordPress hosting with integrated WordPress, you can get it from WordPress.com, among others.
Now that you know what WordPress is and what the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com is, we want to address the question of what Bitnami is about.
What is Bitnami and what is it used for?
Bitnami is a company that has specialized in providing application packages for various open source projects. These application packages are pre-configured and easy to install.
The interesting thing is that the various application packages, in addition to the actual software (such as WordPress), also contain the necessary infrastructure components such as web servers and databases.
Bitnami offers a very extensive application catalog. Here you can find packaged applications such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla or PrestaShop. All of these applications are supplied with the necessary components so that they can be easily installed.
As can be seen from the graphic, Bitnami also offers WordPress as an application package. We need this for the local installation of WordPress.
Install WordPress locally on Windows with Bitnami
Now we come to the actual instructions, namely how you can install WordPress locally on a Windows system. The installation under Windows and with Bitnami works as follows:
- Download Bitnami WordPress Stack on Windows system
- Install Bitnami locally on the Windows system
- Start Bitnami and call up the WordPress backend
The individual steps are described in more detail in the following sections.
Download Bitnami WordPress Stack on Windows system
First of all, of course, you have to download Bitnami with the WordPress stack on your Windows system so that you can install it later. To download the Bitnami WordPress Stack, do the following:
- Open the Bitnami download page for the WordPress stack
- Click on "Download for Windows 64-bit"
- In the window that pops up, click on "No thanks, just take me tot he download"
Now that you have downloaded the Bitnami WordPress Stack locally, you can proceed with the installation of Bitnami.
Install Bitnami locally on the Windows system
To install the Bitnami WordPress Stack, proceed as follows:
- Navigate to the download folder where the downloaded Bitnami installer is located
- Double click the Bitnami installer
- If you are asked if you want to allow this app to make changes to your device, then click on "Yes"
- Next, select the language German and click on "OK"
- In the next window click on "Next>"
- Select all components in the component selection and click on "Next>"
- Select the installation directory in which you want to install your WordPress and click on "Next>"
- Enter the information for your WordPress administrator in the "Create administrator" window and click on "Next>"
- Important: You have to save this information somewhere. You will need this later to log into the WordPress backend
- Choose a name for your website and click on "Next>"
- If you want to send emails using SMTP, you can set up email support in the next step. Otherwise just click on "Next>"
- In the next window, deselect the option "Learn more about Bitnami Cloud Hosting" and click on "Next>"
- At the step “Ready to install” click on “Next>” and start the installation
- During the installation you will be asked if you want to allow access for mysqld and Apache HTTP Server. You confirm this with "Allow access"
Now you have installed the Bitnami WordPress Stack on your Windows system with the associated infrastructure components that are necessary for the execution. In the last step you have to start the Bitnami service and then you can log into the WordPress backend.
Start Bitnami and call up the WordPress backend
After you have successfully installed Bitnami on your computer system, you still have to start it. This is very easy and you can do it with the following steps:
- Click on the Windows symbol and search in the recently added programs for "Bitnami WordPress Stack"
- Click on the "Bitnami WordPress Stack" folder and then start the "Bitnami WordPress Stack Manager Tool"
- In the Bitnami WordPress Stack Manager Tool, click on the "Manager Servers" tab
- Start the "MySQL Database" and "Apache Web Server" service by clicking on the "Start All" button
- After the services have started, click on the "Welcome" tab and then on the "Go to Application" button
- A Bitnami welcome page now opens in the browser. Click on the "Access WordPress" link on this welcome page
- The WordPress backend page opens. Here you enter your user data from your WordPress installation and click on "Log In"
- For the user data see step 8 of chapter "Install Bitnami locally on the Windows system"
You are now logged in to the WordPress admin area and can test your first experiences with WordPress or plugins and themes.
Install WordPress locally on Windows with Bitnami FAQ
Do I have to install WordPress locally?
No, a local WordPress installation is not necessary. If you want, you can install your WordPress website directly on your web host. However, I recommend a local installation for beginners or testers to gain experience or to carry out tests.
Can I also install WordPress on a Mac or Linux system?
Yes, you can also install WordPress locally on a Mac or Linux system. Bitnami basically supports Windows, Mac and Linux systems. On the Bitnami manufacturer's website, you can download and install the respective Bitnami WordPress stack for your operating system.
Why is WordPress installed locally with Bitnami?
There are basically several ways to install WordPress locally. However, Bitnami offers an application package that includes both the WordPress application and the necessary infrastructure components. This enables a simple and uncomplicated local installation of WordPress.
Are there other ways to install WordPress locally?
Yes, as is well known, many roads lead to Rome. There are countless ways in which you can install WordPress locally. For example, there is also the option of installing WordPress locally with XAMPP. Another possibility is a manual installation of the infrastructure components such as Apache and MySQL database.
However, the local installation with Bitnami proves to be the easiest and has therefore been described in this article.
Can I migrate my local installation to my web host at a later date?
Yes, local installations can later be migrated to the web host in a few steps.
How do I remove my local WordPress installation?
To delete the local WordPress installation on Windows with Bitnami, run the "Uninstall Bitnami WordPress Stack" program, which is located in the Bitnami installation directory. This removes Bitnami with all of its components. Your local WordPress website will also be removed.
With a local WordPress installation on Windows with Bitnami you can get your first experience with WordPress as a beginner. As an experienced person, you can carry out various tests with plugins or themes with a local installation.
I recommend doing the local installation with Bitnami. Bitnami offers an application package that includes both the WordPress application and the necessary infrastructure components. This enables a simple and uncomplicated local installation of WordPress.
If desired, you can also migrate the local installation to your web host later.
I wish you a lot of fun installing WordPress on your computer and hope that this will take you one step closer to your goal of building your online business.
- Sensormatic CCTV cameras, how to join
- Casal Aveda Salon Howland
- Mifty Kit as used in Kannada
- Squid ssl reverse proxy howto
- How to plant garlic indoors
- How to contextualize a quote
- Lastacia Jackson died when
- Aew electrical wholesalers pty limited importance
- How do electrostatic photocopiers work
- Paqui Chips where are they now
- Where is Bedridge train station
- Who are the subway speakers
- Ktm motorcycle parts wholesale
- How much does a single Pringle weigh
- How to plant Gypsophila tubers
- Nonsense How to Destroy Tracklist 101 in 2015
- Jennifer Schow Photography Boise Idaho
- Phiona Pui Woon Leung like kitchen
- How to use numpad on laptop acer
- 15 msec corresponds to how much American
- How many calories in a smoked meat sandwich
- Wholesale Indian bed linen
- What does submeter accuracy mean what
- Kevin ayers whatevershebringswesing zip