Where to Study Feng Shui in China
How to Feng Shui a Bedroom Where Someone Has Died
When someone dies in a bedroom, it creates stagnant or negative chi, but using feng shui can help. Clear and refresh the chi using feng shui simple feng shui. This is a very straightforward process and can be accomplished by following the steps below.
Replace the deathbed
The chi energy of an ill person who eventually dies leaves a residue of negative chi. This stagnant energy needs to be cleared out of the room, especially the deathbed. If it is economically impractical to replace the bed and mattress, then you can perform a cleansing ceremony described below.Related Articles
Remove Photos of the Deceased
In Chinese burial ceremonies, the funeral director paints over the eyes with black paint. This symbolizes allowing the person to see beyond this world and move on to the next world. It's because of this Chinese tradition that many feng shui practitioners may advise you to remove all photos from the bedroom. This is an extreme reaction when the moderate practice is to remove only those photos of the deceased relative. This is done because the eyes have been painted black and you don't want to beckon their spirit back home by having the photo as a portal through which the spirit may enter through the eyes. At the least, remove photos of the deceased from the bedroom. Many feng shui experts advise removing all photos of the deceased if the blackened eyes ceremony was performed. If it wasn't, then there's no reason to remove the photos from the other rooms.
Clean the bedroom
The next step is to clean the bedroom thoroughly.
Open all the windows in the room. This allows the stagnant chi to escape the room and be replaced with fresh chi.
Wash everything in the bedroom
Wash the room thoroughly, including any bedding or curtains. Walls, surfaces, and floors should be cleaned thoroughly as well.
Add Fresh Paint
Paint the room if you feel it will assist in changing the feel of the room. Sometimes a color can remind just as much as a photo or bed.
Remove Clothing of the Deceased
Remove all of the deceased's clothing and donate it. Some people believe you should burn the clothing of the deceased because it's believed the negative chi clings to it.
Sweep the room with a broom to clear it of the stagnant chi.
What stays, what goes
While tradition recommends disposing of clothing and bedding of the deceased, you will no doubt have certain articles of clothing that you wish to keep. There's not reason why you can't do so if you have room to store it. The same thing applies to objects and keepsakes of the deceased. There's no valid reason to get rid of these unless they are simply things you don't want. The foremost rule is to do what is most comfortable for you.
Have a Cleansing Ceremony
Once you have cleaned and reorganized the bedroom, you may wish to have a cleansing ceremony performed. This should be done by someone not emotionally attached to the deceased. A cleansing ceremony is done to get rid of stagnant chi and allow a renewal of energy and life. This can be as simple as burning incense and saying a prayer in the room or you can add other elements.
This can be used to wipe down the walls and floors. Another technique is to place salt or sprinkle salt in each of the corners of the bedroom. You can also sprinkle salt on the mattress. Allow the salt to stay long enough to draw out the negative chi. After the ceremony, sweep up the salt and dispose of it in the trash bin outside the home.
This is called feeding the ghosts. Start outside your front door and sprinkle rice leading the spirit or ghost out of the house. Typically the rice is spread to the outer perimeter of the home thereby drawing the spirit outside where it will then stay.
Choose a scene you find comforting. Many people choose scents based on ancient knowledge of properties. Here are a few incense and herbs that will bring positive results.
- Lavender - Assists in moving past obstacles and problems. Protects and repels negative energy
- Eucalyptus - Healing. Excellent relief for grief knitting.
- Mint - Prosperity and wealth
- Sage - A scent that repels spirit
- Sandalwood - Raises spirit, heals and protects
Tinkling of bells helps draw positive chi.
Place prisms and faceted orbs in windows to allow a rainbow of light to enter the room. Open draperies and let the sunshine inside.
Bury the Dead Before You Begin Feng Shui in the Bedroom
In China, when a person dies in the home, they are carried from the bedroom feet first and out the front door. This is why you are advised not to sleep with your feet facing the bedroom door and why it's called the coffin position.
Close the Circle of Life With a Burial Ceremony
Before you can begin to feng shui the bedroom, you need to close the circle of the deceased person's life by having a burial ceremony.
Use Sound in the Burial Ceremony
An important aspect of the burial ceremony is the ringing of cymbals or chimes to call the spirit from the house and to the gravesite. On the day of the burial ceremony, temporarily take down all wind chimes in and around your home until the ceremony is over. You don't want to confuse the spirit of your loved one and have her torn between the home and the grave.
Renewal and Positive Chi After Death in a Bedroom
After you feng shui the bedroom where someone died, the energy will be quite different when you walk into the room. You will be able to move forward in life and carry those good memories of your loved one with you.
- When to plant giant Stuttgart onions
- How to do herbarium project camelot
- How do online reverse auctions work?
- Who is Sir Arthur Jennings Jamaica
- Tru close drainage system, how to drain
- Dembare vs how minecraft
- Alphabetical puzzles, how to solve them
- Awagami Carbonaro, what animal are you
- How to have a good interview ukm
- How do I get the formula for the income tax return
- Armster cannot think of words while speaking
- What is mcwh tax
- Who you are dawgs lyrics to hello
- Whatcharawalee Album 320 kbps
- What does input string
- How to fix an invalid stfs package horizon
- How many cups is 80 g of sugar
- Who wrote Kalingathu Bharani bottle
- Generating 1500 characters is like many words
- Raice mcleod drummers for those who
- Hassaram Chandni Chowk clothes
- Skilter 250 instructions for playing
- How is Shirdi Ghat Road now i-20
- Yasuo vs riven, who wins big
- What are the major records called wax
- Triazepan for what it is for
- Warframe Howl of the Kudrow Egg Drop
- Sklep fachowiec olsztyn opinionie pafal
- What a location Twilley's ibex wool is
- What is Cuprum Arsenicosum
- Which episode kiss Rory and Logan
- Whatever happened to Jamie Farrell
- What are 15 types of apartments