Shots fired when lightning strikes
When lightning strikes
Lightning occurs when it is humid and warm. Then electrical charges build up in clouds. There is then a high electrical voltage within the cloud. This tension wants to even out. That happens when there is lightning. Such lightning can strike the earth, for example in the ground or in buildings.
Experts measure how often and where lightning strikes in Germany. To do this, they use electrical devices. The devices notice the lightning strikes.
The experts found out: Last year, lightning strikes most frequently in the city of Schweinfurt in Bavaria. The fewest lightning strikes occurred in Kiel in Schleswig-Holstein.
A total of around 550,000 lightning strikes were measured in Germany. That was a lot less than the year before. "In 2015 there were noticeably few thunderstorms in Germany," said an expert.
Such measurements are of interest to operators of power lines, for example. If a line fails, the operator can see whether a lightning strike was responsible.
- How to say Morbo in English
- Kim Destainville and Tina Chow Biography
- Who Owns the Royalton Resorts
- What happens after the brace training
- How to write zakat in Arabic
- Juego de counter 1.6 descargar whatsapp
- La Fiscalia Champeta Descargar WhatsApp
- What is Ddtek Odbc Oracle
- Samsung sgh-s275 how to delete saved messages
- Bexley Schnaeppchen Keller Howard
- What is Borderlands 2 about
- What is Page Fault Delta Process Explorer
- Whatcom County Jail Roster released
- What is pitimini flower
- How many cups is 34 doubled
- When was Helena van Troje born
- Gravestones вЂ ‹вЂ‹ nelson nz what to do
- Carte Noire Coffee Whole Beans Tesco
- You smoke what weed gif 160x220
- How to clean Delta champagne bronze faucets
- What is arthroscopic subacromial decompression icd-9
- Which flange standard bs de 1092-2
- In what вЂ ‹вЂ‹ year was Edward Jones Dome built
- How to use Lifelog sleep number