Car window scratched when rolling down
Remove scratches on the windshield - here's how
Scratches on the windshield can be caused by wipers or ice scraping, for example. If the scratches obstruct your view, you can try to polish up the damaged glass again. Here is a short guide to how to do this.
What you need:
- special glass polish
- Polishing machine with felt pad
- Bucket of lukewarm detergent water
- several soft towels
The windshield is heavily used when it rains because the windshield wipers keep rubbing over it. If there are dirt particles such as sand on the glass, small scratches can quickly occur. And even in winter, when you scrape off the windshield with an ice scraper, ugly scratches occur. So that you have a clear view again, you can try to polish light scratches from the windshield, there are special glass polishes for this.
How to remove scratches on the windshield
- Obtain glass polish suitable for car glass from specialist retailers or on the Internet. Here, for example, NIGRIN MicroTec glass polish or one of the GLAS LLAGA polishes would be possible. It is also advisable to use a polishing machine, as this can polish more effectively than you could by hand.
- The windshield is thoroughly cleaned before polishing so that no dirt or hard-grained particles sit on the windshield and only cause new scratches during polishing. The best way to do this is to use a small bucket of lukewarm washing-up liquid and a soft cloth for cleaning, as well as another, soft cloth to rub dry.
- When the windshield is clean and dry, set the polisher to the correct thickness. This is very important so that you don't do more damage than remove it. The machine speed should therefore be between 1200-1700 r / pm. A value of 1300 is usually optimal and is even recommended by some polish manufacturers.
- Now the finished polish (shake beforehand if necessary) is placed on the polishing pad (felt) and applied to the windshield with circular movements and only light pressure, so that all scratches are completely processed. For some polishes it is necessary to moisten the polishing pad with water beforehand, pay attention to the manufacturer's instructions.
- The polishing pad should not dry out, always put new polish on it if you notice that it is getting too dry. Otherwise you will only get more scratches on your windshield. If you can't see the scratches in the glass, you're done and can wipe off the remaining polish with a soft cloth. If necessary, you can wet clean the windshield again afterwards.
However, you will not be able to polish out deep scratches. If the scratches are too deep or if you even have stone chips in the windshield, the glass should be replaced or treated by a professional. In general, if you are unsure, have a professional remove the scratches from the windshield right from the start, before you scratch your windshield by polishing it yourself.
How helpful do you find this article?
- Barry Wilkinson last summer Wein Howard
- If present in SQL query where
- DR. Denise Howard Al Noor Hospital
- What is called red clover in Tamil
- How to make ikea henriksdal slipcover
- District profile of the earthquake in Sindhupalchowk Nepal
- Openpli 2 1 web interface whole child
- What does 4d personality mean
- Mikado Feeder 150g is like many cups
- Loopia Whois Privacy Godaddy
- What is paraphrasing in social work
- Formatting the Excel Formula Bar
- Granberg mulcher tying instructions
- Whose alternative Android phone
- How to say black belt in Korean
- Faith dissonance theory leon festinger in prophecy
- If you are single David Choi Height
- Rogaine shed how long it lasts
- What is the molecular form of h2se
- How to Teach Careers to Physically Kinaesthetic Learners
- What does 124 mean for iq
- Sharp pain in the ribs when turning
- Corpse forearm muscles do something
- How to modulate from c to d