How long to lose 1 kg of fat
Fat burning: save 1 kilogram of fat per week
Burning Fat: Many diets promise miraculous weight loss in record time. But not all weight loss is the same as fat loss. On the contrary, with most diets you lose water and muscle mass, which is why you weigh less afterwards. So what do you have to do to actually burn a pound of fat?
Fat Burning: How Can I Lose A Kilo Of Fat?
A look at the nutrient table reveals: 1 gram of fat has a nutritional value of 9.3 kilocalories (kcal), i.e. H. in order to burn 1 kilogram of body fat, you would have to dispose of around 9000 kcal. However, the body is unable to completely burn off the food. Not all calories are absorbed. The digestive loss is around 2,000 kcal, so you need to save around 7,000 kcal to get rid of one kilogram of fat.
When it comes to losing weight, it depends on the energy balance
To do this, we first have to calculate the daily basal metabolic rate. With the "Harris Benedict" formula (see below) we can calculate an approximate value for men and women. A 30-year-old man with a body weight of 80 kilograms and a height of 180 cm accordingly has a basal metabolic rate of 1,858.47 kcal; a woman of the same age with a height of 165 cm and a weight of 67 kg has a basal metabolic rate of 1,454.30 kcal according to the formula.
You now have to add the labor turnover to this value in order to calculate the daily total turnover. The turnover depends on how much you move around every day in your job and free time. A calorie calculator can be used to determine the approximate calorie requirement. As a rough guide, our average man has a value of 2,972 kcal and for our average woman the value is 2,181 kcal. The calculation is based on a predominantly sedentary activity and little movement.
Typical diet problems
We can now continue to calculate with these values. To lose weight you need a negative energy balance. So either I have to eat less or burn more energy, so I move more. Converted to a week, this means saving 1,000 kcal per day. And this is exactly where the typical diet problems start.
Beware of the yo-yo effect
If I eat 1000 kcal less per day than I need, the yo-yo effect threatens. The body believes there is a threat of famine, but does not compensate for the lack of energy as desired. Fat burning comes to a standstill. Instead of going to the fat reserves, which would be essential for survival in times of need, the body slows down the metabolism. I. E. the most important organs are primarily supplied with energy, above all the brain.
Everything else runs on the back burner to save energy. The body procures the missing energy by burning its own resources. Above all, it burns muscle protein. And that is the major disadvantage of most diets. Weight loss can be seen quickly on the scales, but the body fat percentage is only insignificantly reduced. Most of all, we lose muscle mass and water.
Burning fat: muscles are like engines
However, this saves our basal metabolic rate permanently, because the muscles are like engines. A large engine uses more fuel, even when idling. So a diet turns a mid-range car with a 2-liter displacement into a small car with a 1.5-liter displacement. What is desirable in road traffic, however, leads to weight gain in humans. Because after a diet, the body begins to increasingly convert the excess calories into fat. Over time, the small car turns into a truck.
Exercise and a healthy diet support fat burning
Instead of reducing the displacement, you should upgrade your body to a sports car. Every kilogram of muscle burns an additional 100 kcal per day. You should also move your cart regularly, that consumes more calories. And if you fill up with premium gasoline, that is, eat a healthy and balanced diet, your body will start to burn fat. (Protein and Weight Management - Is Less More?)
Burning fat in everyday life
But sport alone is not the solution either. If you exercise occasionally but continue to eat unhealthily, you will not get off your weight. A simple calculation for jogging illustrates the problem. Depending on the running speed, a runner burns around 500 to 900 kcal per hour. Let's assume that our average man consumes around 600 kcal per hour.
Then he would have to run almost 12 hours a week to consume 7,000 kcal. Honestly, do you have that much time? A combined diet and exercise program is ideal, so some of the calories are saved by changing your diet and some by doing sports and everyday activities. And it can look like this:
Saving through nutrition: 4,400 kcal
- Make less sugar in your coffee. A lump of sugar weighs 2.5 grams, which is equivalent to 10 kcal. With three cups of coffee a day and one less each, you save a total of 210 kcal per week.
- Use low-fat milk (1.5 grams of fat) instead of whole milk (3.5 grams of fat). This saves 2 grams of fat per 100 ml, i.e. 18 kcal. With a glass of milk (0.2 l) per day, you save 252 kcal per week.
- Drink water instead of lemonade. A can of Coke (0.33 l) contains around 34 grams or 13.5 pieces of sugar. That is 136 kcal per day and 952 kcal per week.
- Eat raw vegetables instead of potato chips while watching TV. A bag of chips has around 800 kcal.
- Jacket potatoes are better than french fries. A 100 gram portion of fries has 370 kcal, 126 of which are frying fat. With two servings a week, you save another 250 kcal.
- Low-fat bread spread is healthier. 100 grams of meat sausage contain 30 grams of fat and therefore 270 fat calories. Cooked ham has only 3 grams of fat. The calorie savings are thus 243 kcal.
- A bottle of beer has around 225 kcal, wheat beer even more. If you forego beer during the week, you will save 1,125 kcal.
- Poultry is better than pork. 200 grams of turkey breast or skinless chicken have around 160 kcal, while 200 grams of pork chops have 220 kcal. If you eat two meat meals a week, you save 120 kcal with poultry meat.
Saving through exercise: 3,200 kcal
You can have a positive influence on your calorie consumption by exercising more, either through sport or everyday activities.
Sport boosts fat burning:
- Half an hour of strength training uses around 270 calories. With two training units per week, you get 540 kcal.
- 45 minutes of jogging burns an estimated 450 kcal. Do this three times a week so that you have 1,350 kcal on the credit side.
- Ride your bike to work. You can write yourself 160 kcal for every 20 minutes of slow cycling. Let's assume that you can do this twice a week, the bottom line is 320 kcal.
By the way: The afterburning effect is not taken into account in this calculation.
Small movements, great effect when losing weight
- Stairs instead of an elevator: 15 minutes of climbing stairs consumes around 150 kcal. With five working days and assuming two floors, which you walk up and down four times in the morning, noon and evening, we can with a clear conscience write 150 kcal.
- You burn an average of 160 kcal during sex. Surprise your partner and book another 160 kcal.
- Walk for 20 minutes a day. This saves 90 kcal every time or a total of 630 kcal.
- Do the housecleaning. 15 minutes of vacuuming burns 70 kcal.
Congratulations. This week you have saved around 7,600 kcal or burned the energy that is in one kilogram of fat. Granted, you may not be eating everything on the list or you may be exercising less. But do you really need to burn 1 kilogram of fat a week? Isn't it enough if you can lose weight over the long term with small measures and then keep it off?
Appendix: The Harris Benedict formula for calculating the basal metabolic rate
Basal metabolic rate [kcal / 24 h] = 66.47 + 13.7 × body weight [kg] + 5 × body size [cm] - 6.8 × age [years]
Basal metabolic rate [kcal / 24 h] = 655.1 + 9.6 × body weight [kg] + 1.8 × height [cm] - 4.7 × age [years]
Author: Jörg Birkel
- How to hit the spread base th9
- What is the botanical name of mango
- When it rains gasoline synopsis definition
- Tie up testicles, how long is safe
- How to increase cd57
- How to Select a Sentry Safely x031
- How to build a sturdy straw tower
- Nhow milano expedia coupons
- Ocularist how to make iris buttons
- Howell Power Bank 11000 Mah portable charger
- How to report a hate on Tumblr
- What is patula vegetable
- What does it mean that I'm wiped out
- How to Deactivate Your War Commander Account
- How to add teksavvy email to iPhone
- Zachowuje sie jak dziwka robi
- How to connect the vg-kbd1000 smart wireless keyboard
- What is improper use of voice
- Accepted as long before the refund irs
- How did Christianity begin in South Africa
- Wholly owned subsidiary in Mexico
- How to make blue cobalt chloride paper
- Who discovered Sitar Restaurant
- How to mix one-step limco paint