What happened to Koenig Yellowman's face
Easter in three minutes
What actually happened at Easter? We'll explain it to you quickly
Jesus was born about 2,000 years ago in what is now Israel (this is what Christians celebrate at Christmas). When he was about 30 years old, he began to travel with some students as an itinerant preacher. He lived on what others gave him, slept where he was offered a place to sleep. To confirm his words, he healed the blind-born, calmed a storm with one word, and performed many other miracles. The religious elite were quite concerned. Why did Jesus attract the crowds like that? Why were his words so powerful, why were his life so flawless? Out of fear and envy, the religious leaders turned Jesus into a seducer and blasphemer.
Jesus is crucified
The drama took its course: Jesus was sentenced to death by crucifixion. The evidence supporting his charges collapsed. Nevertheless, the representative of the Roman occupation forces, Pilate, had him flogged and handed over to the execution squad. A ridicule ritual followed. The Roman soldiers put a crown of thorns on him, hung a purple cloak around him as a sign of his “royal dignity” and blasphemed him with the words: “Greetings, King of the Jews!” (From Matthew 27:29). Then they spat in Jesus' face and led him to the place of execution at Golgotha. Soldiers nailed the convict's whipped body to a crossbar and then pulled him up on a pole.
The message to the people was clear: We do this with everyone who pretends to be the Son of God! But a short time later, the Roman commander testified to just that, when he uttered: "Truly, this was the Son of God!" (From Matthew 27:54). What happened? He had heard the loud cry of the crucified one; heard the words: "Father, into your hands I command my spirit" (from Luke 23:46). At the same time, there had been a sudden darkness and an earthquake, the curtain in the temple had been torn, and a terrifying, leaden weight lay over the place of execution. The commander had never seen anything like it. Obviously nature protested with all force against the death of this righteous man. It was not someone who suffocated as a result of the crucifixion, but Jesus died like someone who could determine the time of death himself (cf. John 10:18).
His body was placed in a rock tomb, sealed, and secured with an armed Roman guard. To counteract Jesus' announcement that he would be resurrected after three days, a large stone was rolled in front of the opening of the tomb. But in vain - exactly three days later the stone had rolled aside and nothing was to be seen of the corpse. Those responsible found themselves in need of explanation. Where is the crucified one? Rumors began to circulate in Jerusalem that Jesus was resurrected. Since Jesus only showed himself to his followers and not to the public, the opinion of the townspeople was divided. Neither the Roman authorities nor the religious Jewish leaders have ever been able to present the body of Jesus to society as counter-evidence to the resurrection claim.
What do you think?
We as Christians are convinced that Jesus lives, that he has conquered death. That's why we celebrate Easter. We believe that Jesus was and is who he claimed to be: the Christ, the Son of God, the Savior of the world! It made our whole life new - and we believe that the Easter message can change your life too! Feel free to contact us via chat if you would like to find out more about it.
Don't feel like reading? Then watch the video!
- How to remove bmw 128i window covering
- Zakrzewscy z rzepina starachowice pionki
- Which channel is masn on cox cable
- Mallam in Ghana which language
- Trubka cu 22mm is like many inches
- How to make paper mache doll head
- Where are broken hearts going Whitney Houston
- Franco georgianna how did he die john
- G Bessi sculpture girl keeps her hair something
- How to use Corsodyl Mint Mouthwash
- Julie Howell Referee Magazine
- How many bags of chips per person
- How To Cut Luo Zhi Xiang Hairstyle
- Whole Som 10151 Deerwood
- Daftar persiapan mpasi who
- Lil jon what are you doing zippyshare
- Brazilian web wholesale in South Africa
- Upload your resume whatever resume is
- What agglutinins are in your plasma?
- How 2 make a wormery out of wood
- What are regime switching models
- What is a Skin Pass mill
- How to check the installation of the glibc version centos
- Zoom h1 digital recorder how to delete
- Who is baptism in Jean de Florette
- Taian electric dol magnetic starter parts wholesale
- What does 10000k
- Chow Hoon Keong Loud
- How to make five o'clock shadows look
- WhatsApp hot groups numbers lady
- Alxemy how to make algae mask
- When are desert rose capsules ready
- Telekinesis, how to do push-ups