Using the info box in MediaWiki extensions
RDP Wiki Embed will pull content from any MediaWiki website (such as wikipedia.org) and embed it in pages and posts. It strips and reformats the content, allowing you to supply some arguments to dictate how this works.
RDP Wiki Embed can also look for all links to wiki sites listed in the Security section and force the content on the current page to be replaced with the content found at the wiki site when the link is clicked. Visitors will be able to read wiki content without leaving your site.
RDP Wiki Embed is not coded to work with the block editor. Therefore, the shortcode button will not work. A plugin that restores the classic editor will need to be installed for the shortcode button to work. Get the Classic Editor Plugin here.
Posting to the WordPress.org Support Forum does not send me notifications of new issues. Therefore, please send support requests using the contact form on my web site.
This plug-in brought to you through the generous funding of Laboratory Informatics Institute, Inc.
Use the shortcode [rdp-wiki-embed] for embedding MediaWiki content. The following arguments are accepted:
- url: (required) the web address of the wiki article that you want to embed on this page
- title_show: 0 (zero) to hide title or 1 to show
- toc_show: 0 (zero) to hide table of contents (TOC) or 1 to show
- edit_show: 0 (zero) to hide edit links or 1 to show
- infobox_show: 0 (zero) to hide info boxes or 1 to show
- unreferenced_show: 0 (zero) to hide "unreferenced" warning boxes or 1 to show
- wiki_update: number of minutes content of the wiki page will be stored on your site, before it is refreshed
- wiki_links: behavior after clicking a link to wiki content - default or overwrite
- wiki_links_open_new: 0 (zero) to open wiki links in same window or 1 to open in new window
- global_content_replace: 1 to apply embed overwrite behavior to all wiki links on the site or 0 (zero)
- global_content_replace_template: page template to use for replaced content
- source_show: 0 (zero) to hide attribution or 1 to show
- pre_source: text for source label
[rdp-wiki-embed url = ’http: //en.wikipedia.org‘]
Display table-of-contents and info boxes, but hide edit links and 'unreferenced' warning boxes:
[rdp-wiki-embed url = 'http: //en.wikipedia.org' title = '0' toc_show = '1' edit_show = '0' infobox_show = '1' unreferenced_show = '0']
About Overwrite and Global Content Replace
Global content replace requires overwrite mode to be enabled. When content is being replaced in Overwrite mode, the Default Shortcode Settings on the plug-in’s settings page will be applied to content that is fetched from wiki sites.
Action Hook Reference:
- Param: none
- Fires after enqueuing plug-in-specific frontend scripts
- Param: none
- Fires after enqueuing plug-in-specific frontend styles
- Param: Array of HTML elements to remove from the raw wiki content, before being cached
- Return: Array of HTML elements to remove from the raw wiki content, before being cached
- Param: Array of HTML elements to remove from the wiki content, before rendering to browser
- Return: Array of HTML elements to remove from the wiki content, before rendering to browser
From the WordPress dashboard
- Visit 'Plugins> Add New'
- Search for 'RDP Wiki Embed'
- Click the Install Now link.
- Activate RDP Wiki Embed once it is installed.
- Download RDP Wiki Embed zip file.
- Upload the 'rdp-wiki-embed' directory from the zip file to your '/ wp-content / plug-ins / ‘directory, using your favorite method (ftp, sftp, scp, etc ...)
- Activate RDP Wiki Embed from your Plugins page.
After Activation - Go to 'Settings'> 'RDP Wiki' and:
- Set configurations as desired.
- Click 'Save Changes' button.
I am using RDP Wiki Embed on a site that also hosts the wiki pages I want to embed. How do I prevent my site menu links from being re-written when using * Overwrite * mode?
Add this CSS class to each menu item: no-wiki-overwrite
You made need to go to Screen Options at the top of the Menus page and tick the CSS classes checkbox, before you can add the class to your menu items.
- Fixed bug related to the remove elements process
- Added settings option to hide the title of fetched wiki pages.
- Added settings option to allow a list of CSS selectors to target for removal from fetched wiki pages.
- Modified RDP_WIKI_EMBED_CONTENT-> content_get () to use old cURL code for fetching wiki pages.
- Modified RDP_WIKI_EMBED_CONTENT-> preRender () to check for empty white list.
- Modified RDP_WIKI_EMBED_CONTENT-> content_get () to use WordPress HTTP API.
- Modified RDP_WIKI_EMBED-> shortcode () to skip URL validation check.
- Modified regex patterns in rdp_simple_html_dom (lines 691 and 1387) to fix parsing for PHP 7.3.
- Modified RDP_WIKI_EMBED_CONTENT-> preRender () to use white list URLs to determine if a link should be treated as an external link.
- Updated content parsing to remove jump links
- Updated content parsing to preserve line breaks in HTML
- Updated link overwrite script to skip menu items with the class no-wiki-overwrite
- Modified RDP_WIKI_EMBED_CONTENT-> content_get () to use in-memory-only cookies
- Addressed issue where No caching setting was ignored
- Revert shortcode to always render the book TOC button
- Modified shortcode to prevent rendering of the TOC button if toc_show = 0
- Re-worked php code and JS code to skip file pages, to leave download links for files and images intact
- Modified code to ignore headline anchors, where the class attribute contains mw headlinewhen adding rdp-we- prefix to the id attributes of HTML elements coming in from MediaWiki sites
- Added check for array to RDP_WIKI_EMBED_CONTENT-> scrub ();
- Modified code to ignore cite anchors when adding rdp-we- prefix to the id attributes of HTML elements coming in from MediaWiki sites
- Moved code that adds rdp-we- prefix to the id attributes of HTML elements to RDP_WIKI_EMBED_CONTENT-> preRender (), from RDP_WIKI_EMBED_CONTENT-> scrub ()
- Modified code section that identifies links to external files
- Added RDP_WIKI_EMBED_UTILITIES :: leadingslashit ()
- Added RDP_WIKI_EMBED_UTILITIES :: unleadingslashit ()
- Modified code section that tries to convert relative image URLs to absolute URLs
- Modified code to make a second call to RDP_WIKI_EMBED-> enqueueScripts (), to ensure that any overriding shortcode atts are honored
- Modified RDP_WIKI_EMBED-> contentFilter () for simplicity
- Removed RDP_WIKI_EMBED-> getPageShortcode ()
- Fixed bug in RDP_WIKI_EMBED-> handleTemplateSelection () related to obtaining default settings
- Added math to the default element remove list in RDP_WIKI_EMBED_CONTENT-> scrub ()
- Added filter rdp_we_scrub_remove_elements_filter
- Added filter rdp_we_prerender_remove_elements_filter
- Slight modification to overwrite functionality
- Refactored code to leave download links for files and images intact
- Refactored code to add rdp-we- prefix to the id attributes of HTML elements coming in from MediaWiki sites
- Refactored overwrite code to use same shortcode attributes specified in a page’s original RDP Wiki Embed shortcode
- Added WP_CRON job to clear expired content from cache
- Refactored code to properly parse source URL for data-href link attribute
- Added backup routine to look for rdp_we_resource query variable
- Updated CSS to show formulas
- Fix no-cache option setting
- Add option setting to show wiki admin links
- Add option setting to show wiki footer
- What do markets coordinate the commercial importance
- What is Kanye West clothing line website
- Ssrs iif multiple values in the where clause
- How many pharmaceutical companies in Maharashtra
- How to grow chocolate thai weed
- What is the Hbfv Bible
- What does 313 tattoo
- What are personal pronouns and antecedents
- How to use Smart Padala Business Letter
- Arriving at Aslans as Harry Gregory-Williams role
- DXN products in Nepal, how to share
- How to use triple slash ex girlfriend
- How old is Spencer Lofranco age
- How to refill asetek liquid cooling
- What is s diacetylactis
- Mini whodles for sale now
- How old is Crystal Rose TV presenter
- Rotors clink when turning
- Cen ct5 specs howard
- Kwikprint model 86 specs howard
- How to Create a Secure FTP Site
- How to use besta all pass 2
- Uebergaenge xtractive costco wholesale