What does Super Stoked
QUIZ YOURSELF ON "WHAT" VS. "WERE"!
OTHER WORDS FROM stokedunstoked, adjective
Words nearby stoked
Stoked is a slang adjective that describes someone as being very excited, as in I just heard that my favorite director is making a new movie and I'm already stoked.
Less commonly, stoked describes someone being intoxicated or stupefied by drugs.
Describing excitement, stoked is often followed by a word like about, to, or that to explain what a person is excited about, as in I'm pretty stoked about the huge graduation party tonight.
Stoked can also describe someone as being impaired by drugs, such as by being intoxicated or in a euphoric state, as in We had to take Josh home because he was too stoked to even remember where he lived.
Because both of these senses are slang, they generally aren't used in formal writing. You're more likely to see them on social media or hear them when talking with your friends.
Example: I'm stoked to go to the concert because my favorite band is the headliner.
Where doesstoked come from?
The first records of the slang sense of stoked come from around 1963. It is the past tense of the verb stoke. The first records of stoke come from around 1675. It comes from the Dutch stoken, meaning "to feed or stock a fire."
The slang stoked is believed to have come from Californian surfer slang during the 1950s or 1960s. Similarly to the slang gnarly, stoked has since spread from surfer lingo to mainstream use across the United States.
Interestingly, the excited sense of stoked has been used in Australia and New Zealand, but the intoxicated sense has not.
What are some other forms related to stoked?
What are some synonyms for stoked?
What are some words that share a root or word element with stoked?
What are some words that often get used in discussing stoked?
How isstoked used in real life?
Stoked is a common slang used when someone is excited about something.
It's 30 degrees right now with a high of 37 in my neck of Texas today. These are the days when I'm not super stoked to walk my pupper. But she’s still super stoked to go.
- LauraB’sAtHome🏡🖋 (@ lulujb520) February 11, 2021
My tattoo artist uses vegan color. I had no idea vegan ink existed and I'm pretty stoked about it.
- Ashe (@ tr_ashe17) February 10, 2021
IM GOING TO OREGON IN 8 DAYS AND IM SO STOKED 🥺
- lemon head 🍋 (@uhhhmeg) February 10, 2021
Is stoked used correctly in the following sentence?
My little sister loves animals and is really stoked to go to the zoo with me tomorrow.
Words related to stoked
Example sentences from the Web for stoked
How the King Soopers shooting unfoldedPresident Obama’s entire tenure was marked by sustained growth in gun sales because of stoked fears that at any moment he was going to instruct the government to take away Americans’s guns.
They propagated disinformation, spewed hate, stoked violence, disregarded the law, and overwhelmed authorities vastly outnumbered and ill-equipped to handle the onslaught.
I can't imagine Kemboi would be super stoked to fly halfway around the world to race Western States for the chance to win a belt buckle.
I actually just saw both sheriff’s deputies again today, six days after the fire started, and they were just beaming, so stoked that both of their homes survived.
But beware of voting based on the fears stoked by politicians for their own political gain - on both sides.
You must have been pretty stoked when you found out that Cary would have such a big, juicy arc this season.
I was stoked that we were able to get together to put out Rkives.
Russian militants continue to percolate through the Ukrainian border, hoping their Kremlin-stoked fantasies will come true.
Crowe himself stoked the religion angle by tweet-begging Pope Francis to screen the film.
Then he stoked the fire, blew it, and set them all round it to warm themselves.
The fire beneath is stoked and kept alive by bellows handled by those who assisted at his martyrdom.
Russ stoked and lit his pipe, snapped off his machine and swung around in the operator's chair.
He stoked away, till the sparks flew like shooting stars across the sky.
Hitherto he had been mechanical, whereas now he was an engine capable of self-direction — an engine stoked to the brim.
British Dictionary definitions for stoked
- Shree Devi Chowdary Saris Designs
- How does technology affect human relationships
- Tony Grant sings who it will be
- Httpsessionlistener, if session is destroyed, will be called back
- How to remove XRef in Autocad 2012
- Unisom pills how many is too much
- What does meow and throw up mean
- Tulip capital Ifrah Chowdhury
- What color am I and what does Instagram mean
- WhatsApp group name Marathi Kavita
- 1-methylcyclohexanol converts to what alkene
- Lien ying chow drive angry
- How to fix Nightingale Hall glitch
- 1 potato corresponds to the number of cups diced
- Where is QT Resource Editor
- What is first aider Iosemus
- Manuk Manukyan Doctor, the Wiki
- Sin City 3 slippery when wet stream
- What happened on March 4, 1994 in Nordkamm
- Brittany wuy tod howell nj
- How to make fender skirts for cars
- Ace ventura, when nature calls it free streaming
- Intelligence knows what you don't know
- Who makes Bentini bikes for girls