How to set the clock on ihome hid37b
Save money and energy with the optimal refrigerator temperature
The colder the better - this is probably what many people think when it comes to the refrigerator temperature, and they set the refrigerator too cold. However, many foods are sensitive to temperatures that are too cold. Vegetables and fruits last the longest at 8 to even 10 degrees. Fish and meat, on the other hand, should be kept at 2 degrees. But how do you achieve the perfect temperature in the refrigerator, and where do cheese, butter and salad go?
The perfect temperature in the refrigerator
The ideal temperature in the middle of your refrigerator is 6 to 7 degrees Celsius. -18 degrees is ideal for the freezer. Most refrigerators have a dial with numbers for setting the temperature. The higher the number, the colder the refrigerator. We recommend placing a thermometer in the refrigerator and measuring the cooling temperature - preferably from time to time in the different zones. Temperatures that are too low use electricity unnecessarily and can even be more harmful to fresh food.
Tip: So that you can ideally set the correct refrigerator temperature, it is worth checking with a thermometer. Because even with devices with their own temperature display, it is important where exactly the temperature sensor is installed. A different temperature results depending on the situation.
A rule of thumb says: If the butter is still spreadable, the temperature in your refrigerator is right.
Temperature zones in the refrigerator
Since warm air rises, it is always warmer in the refrigerator above than below. This results in different cold zones or warm zones. In the top compartment of your device, the temperature should be 6 to 8 degrees. In the middle compartment, the temperature is 5 to 6 degrees and in the lower area, the coldest zone, 0 to 2 degrees. The vegetable or freshness compartments are 8 degrees warm, while in the compartments of the refrigerator door it is between 10 and 12 degrees.
Which foods belong where?
To ensure that your food stays fresh and durable for as long as possible, you should store it in the correct temperature zone of the appliance.
Top subject: Cooked dishes, opened jars such as jams or tinned food (preferably in Tupperware) because they can withstand slightly higher temperatures.
Middle compartment: There are dairy products like cheese, yogurt and milk here.
Lower compartment: Perishable foods such as meat and fish
Vegetable compartment: Vegetables, lettuce, herbs and fruits
Door above: Eggs, butter
Door down: beverages
More tips on saving energy
- When buying your refrigerator, pay attention to the energy efficiency class. An A +++ device consumes around 30 percent less electricity than an A ++ device.
- If ice forms in the refrigerator or freezer compartment, the output will decrease and the device will consume more electricity. If necessary, regular defrosting improves the energy balance - this is hardly necessary with newer devices. If so, then preferably in winter to temporarily store the refrigerated goods on the balcony.
- The refrigerator should not be located directly next to the stove, oven or radiator, as the device then needs more energy to cool.
- Put fresh food in the refrigerator as soon as possible after shopping. Cold foods should not be unnecessarily warmed up. Conversely, it makes sense to let warm food cool down first before putting it in the refrigerator.
- Thaw foods such as frozen vegetables in the refrigerator. Frozen food cools the refrigerator air when it is thawed. This reduces power consumption.
- The full the refrigerator, the better, as this prevents cold air from escaping and the device does not have to cool as much after opening. Sensible storage and menu planning / use of leftovers for as little food waste as possible are of course the best motto.
- Do not open the refrigerator door unnecessarily often and as briefly as possible. Don't let them stand open.
- The refrigerator door must close properly so that a slight resistance can be felt when opening it. Do not pinch any packaging. Gladly check the rubber seal again. This must not be brittle and have no cracks or holes, otherwise it is essential to replace it.
Good to know:
You shouldn't store this in the refrigerator
Fruit: Citrus fruits, tropical fruits such as pineapple, bananas, mango, papaya, avocado
Vegetables: Potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, hot peppers, green beans
powernewz in your mailbox
Would you like more inspiration?
With our 7 tips for everyday life you will save a lot of energy and therefore money. The savings potential in the household is great and if you follow a few tips, you can save 10 to 20 percent!
- Gtel x2 how to open the solution
- What is Pacofen tablet for?
- Kissanime how to earn points
- I know who will hold piano chords tomorrow
- How to set java.library.path
- Who caught the seven-tailed animal
- What does morning constitutional meaning mean
- How to make quick swirls into crazy fries
- What is the deflection of the impression load
- How to integrate matlab into visual studio
- Joy, how deep is your love m4a
- Ladies having lunch on piano sheet
- Layyah Chowk Azam USA map
- How to do Hedebo embroidery
- Attica when heroes fall Blogspot templates
- Wholly owned subsidiary in Mexico
- Doctor who provides universal remote instructions
- How to use Autosum in Word 2013
- What is cmd eye drops
- What is a cinquain poem definition
- Swiece zapachowe wizaz opinionie
- Where is Albert Beckles today
- How to use bravilor bonamat novo 200
- How to adjust kanken straps to move