What is a switch Sissone in dance
Change light switch
Replace light switch
Changing a light switch is not a problem even for the less experienced do-it-yourselfer if you strictly adhere to the safety regulations. But you have to know: Working on the electrical installation is actually taboo for laypeople! This is what Paragraph 13 of the “Low Voltage Connection Ordinance” says. This prohibition applies to all electrical systems in the house. Light switches are actually not allowed to be installed or replaced by yourself, although light switches are freely available in stores. The dealers protect themselves with appropriate warning notices.
Anyone who, as a skilled do-it-yourselfer, would still like to carry out some of the work from the electrician trade, should definitely agree this in advance with a specialist company.
Not all light switches are the same
Light switches differ not only in their design but also in their versions. First, a basic distinction is made between flush-mounted and surface-mounted versions. Flush-mounted light switches are for installation. Surface-mounted light switches are attached to the wall. In addition to this basic distinction, light switches are differentiated according to the electrical circuits for which they are used. The most common types of light switches are:
- Off switch (is usually operated with a toggle switch)
- Toggle switch
- Series switch
- Cross switch
Before replacing the light switch, you should be clear about the area of application of the light switch in question.
Be sure to note before changing! The safety rules!
Electric current is extremely dangerous and can be fatal. Therefore:
- Turn off the power before working on the light switch. Switch off the fuse belonging to the relevant circuit.
- Attach the information label to the fuse box to prevent the fuse from being accidentally switched on again.
- Check whether the wires on the light switch are all voltage-free.
- Hands off house connections as well as sealed meters and main fuses!
- Only carry out electrical work for which specialist knowledge is available!
- Never use the protective conductor for other functions.
Removing it is the easiest step in changing a light switch. You remove the rockers by going under the rocker with a small screwdriver and take off the frame. Then you loosen the screws to which the claws of the switch are attached. If the claws release the light switch from the switch box, you simply pull the switch out.
If the built-in switches are still provided with screws at the respective connections of the individual wires, loosen them and pull out the cables. Experience has shown that it is much more difficult to remove the wires from switches that do not have screws but plug-in connections. The veins cannot always be pulled out here with your fingers. Pointed or combination pliers can help here.
If the wires are exposed, you can connect the new light switch. If others tear: Use the wire stripper to strip the wires by around three millimeters. If necessary, strip the wire around five centimeters with a cable knife. Be careful: do not damage the insulation of the internal conductors!
Find an electrician
- Nationwide network
- Qualified providers
Change of a circuit breaker
The off switch is a toggle switch with a rocker and two different positions for "On" and "Off". As a rule, toggle switches are used today for simple switching off.
When removing the old light switch, you will find at least two wires. The change is usually made by attaching the current-carrying cable to terminal L and the corresponding wire, which leads to the lamp, to one of the two terminals with an arrow. Which is irrelevant. As a rule, however, the toggle switch should be pressed down when the lamp is on.
If you find a protective conductor when changing, it is not clamped and remains “dead” in the switch box.
Exchange of a changeover switch
The toggle switch is a toggle switch with a rocker and two different positions for "On" and "Off". When replacing this light switch, you will usually find a line with three wires. Here the current-carrying cable is led to terminal L and the two corresponding wires to one of the two terminals with an arrow. In the switch without a live lead, the gray wire is also attached to the L terminal and leads to the luminaire.
Change of a series switch
The series switch is a toggle switch with two rockers, each of which has two different positions for "On" and "Off". When changing this light switch you will find three wires in the switch box. The current-carrying cable is attached to terminal L and the corresponding wires that lead to the respective lights to one of the two terminals with an arrow. Which doesn't matter. As a rule, however, it should be the case that the first toggle switch is used to switch on the main lighting and the switch is attached in such a way that the rockers are pressed down when the lights are switched on.
Exchange of a cross switch
The cross switch is a toggle switch with a rocker and two different positions for "On" and "Off". The connection is made via the corresponding wires of the changeover circuit. Here, depending on the version of the cross switch, the two wires of the first toggle switch are routed to the upper or right-hand terminals. The two wires of the second changeover switch are routed to the lower or left-hand terminals.
Change of a button
The button is a toggle switch with a rocker, which immediately returns to its starting position after actuation. In house installations, a push button circuit is usually used when the lighting is to be operated from more than two locations.
A button is changed by running the control current line to terminal L. The control wire leading to the relay gives the relay the switching impulse and comes under the terminal with the arrow. As a rule, it should be such that the rocker of the button must be pressed down when pressed.
Have tools and materials ready
The do-it-yourselfer needs the following tools and materials to change a light switch:
- Duspol (voltage tester)
- Suitable screwdriver to remove rockers and to loosen the old light switch and to clamp and fasten the new light switch
- Needle-nosed pliers or combination pliers to loosen wires from the old light switch
- Stripping knife
- Side cutter
- Wire stripper
Find an electrician
Tip: Register for the newsletter now
Receive the most important news monthly and free of charge directly in your mailbox
- David Muir speaks like many languages
- How to use backyard pretreatment
- Windows error 193 everywhere install answer file
- What is doggicam in filmmaking
- How do I register to vote for Santa 2016?
- WhatsApp version 3.1.3 Android apps
- Ninni maina when joan loves mi
- Chow Brothers tractor works
- Ewa wachowicz sernik przepis magdy
- Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver App for Free
- How to uncap fps in l4d2 nick
- What is Ncube License Manager
- Who are one direction girlfriends 2013
- Who married dave kuharchik that night?
- What does blushing face emoji meanings
- Duplex house for rent in Tolichowki Hyderabad
- What is Dexxon lozenges
- Kristin Donnan divorced Peter Larson though
- How to make a laser listener
- How to Open Bacardi Lemon Bottle
- What is a News Grazer
- What is the Swadhyaya Movement
- How to Make a White Vatana Recipe
- How to Install PVC Quarter Round Shape
- How to do a magic change of clothes trick
- Where does the monetary value come from
- Honda cvt calibration how to
- How to use oldenburger whipped cream
- Trueffel Mieszko Orzechowe Cena broken
- On the xbox controller what is rsd
- How are Angsana fruits distributed through water
- Chiang Mai wholesale
- How to pronounce the word thoracic
- Who made Galloway's cough syrup