Sticker star Bowser Whomp
Super Mario All-Stars (Wii)
Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition, or simply Super Mario All-Stars, known as Super Mario All-Stars - 25th Anniversary Edition in Europe and Australia, and in Japan as Super Mario Collection Special Pack(JP) is a limited edition compilation of the classic Mario games from the 1990s, all now combined together in one package for the Wii console towards the end of 2010 for the red plumber's 25th anniversary. It was released in Japan on October 21, 2010, in Hong Kong and Taiwan on November 27, 2010, in Oceania on December 2, 2010, in Europe on December 3, 2010 and in North America on December 12, 2010 as a Wii emulation of the SNES game Super Mario All-Stars. Despite the "Limited Edition" moniker, Nintendo of America issued a re-print of the retail Wii disc under the Nintendo Selects label, which was released on March 11, 2016, sans bonus materials. To promote the release of the game, a letter was distributed to various video game press sites that was "authored" by Princess Peach (referring to her letters in Super Mario Bros. 3).
The game was launched lavishly within a red and gold package that contained not just the game disc and cover, but also a range of extra accessories to celebrate the anniversary. They included a booklet detailing the history of the Mario franchise, and a golden audio CD that runs all of the soundtrack from the Mario games over the years, not just the 90s classics, but the modern 3D platformers too including the Super Mario Galaxy 2 launched just months before.
The game itself is actually an exact, unaltered port of the original game released on the SNES, which also bundled together the same games. The new port was released to promote Mario's 25th anniversary and evoke 90s nostalgia amongst Mario fans.
Games in the compilation [edit | edit source]
- Super mario bros. (1985)
- Super Mario Bros. 2 (1987)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (1988)
- Super Mario Bros .: The Lost Levels (1986)
Reception [edit | edit source]
The Wii port of Super Mario All-Stars received mixed reviews. Critics from IGN criticized the game for being a straight port from the SNES, but praised it for "the same classic games we remember", giving it a 7/10. VideoGamer gave the game a 8/10. The A.V. Club gave the game to "F", saying that the bonus material included with the game was "disappointing".
Trivia [edit | edit source]
- The combined price to download all four of the original games would be 2100 points ($ 21 US). The price of $ 30 for this compilation is $ 9 more than downloading the originals probably because it has added a special CD and booklet. The disc, unlike the download versions, is also transferable between the Wii and Wii U.
- In the Eurozone, the combined price of the originals is € 21 (about $ 27.20 US) and the price for the compilation is € 30 (about $ 38.86 US), which means the compilation is (like the American price in Dollars) € 9 more expensive .
- In Australia, the combined price of the originals is $ 36 AU (about $ 33.76 US), meaning the compilation is $ 1 AU less than the originals.
- In the UK, the game package is also cheaper with an RRP of £ 25 (less from online retailers), £ 3 less than the combined individual price of £ 28 (4x £ 7, more if the Wii Points are bought via a Nintendo Points card at retail).
- On the Game Select screen, there is a button setting that can be changed just like the original game. This affects only the Classic and GameCube controllers, not the Wii Remote.
- How to program a viper 7142v remote control
- Zanahowia maldita dofus wikia
- How fast is Frontier Broadband Lite
- How did Caleb die in the Bible
- Goldring 1042 specifies Howard
- The rocket dancers on what happened
- What is Thyroid Stim Hormone Test Assay
- Dance what makes me whole
- What does it mean to wring your hand?
- How to Create Messiah Persona 3 Fes
- When did Teka sponsor Real Madrid
- How to attach 1 to 4 plywood
- How is energy transmitted in a circuit
- What's on TV Sunday May 19th
- Skky howard juwan howard daughter
- What are Cheerio sausages made of
- Steven Universe be wherever you are tabs
- What happened to the Revopower wheel
- Who made nsu cars wiki
- What does satisfaction mean
- How does the differential diagnosis work with atp and nadh
- Bright white flashes of eyes closed when kissing
- Goetz Fitzpatrick Howard Rubin attorney
- Graham Blandy pruning boxwood when