How is data transmitted
Transferring data from cell phone to cell phone: this is how it works
We show different ways how you can quickly and easily transfer data from an old cell phone to a new cell phone.
The joy of the new smartphone is huge, but after swapping a cell phone, many users do not know how to transfer the contacts, photos or SMS from their old to the new device. You can easily transfer data from cell phone to cell phone with the right tips and tricks.In this post we will show you how to transfer information, files and apps and how to switch from Android to iOS (and vice versa) without any problems.
- Most manufacturers of Android devices use so-called transfer apps to transfer data from cell phone to cell phone.
- Videos, photos or music can be conveniently stored on a microSD card and thus reused in the new smartphone.
- To be on the safe side, you can also back up a lot of data manually on your computer or an external storage device before moving.
1. Data transfer from Android to Android
There are several options for transferring data, apps and contacts from your previous smartphone to your new one. Which of these is best for your purposes depends primarily on the operating system and also on whether the devices are from the same manufacturer. This chapter explains how you can use the Android operating system to transfer data from mobile phone to mobile phone.
1.1. Transfer data with the help of Google
If you have already used Android on your previous smartphone, you can simply use your Google account for the transfer. Google synchronizes contacts, calendars, emails (Gmail), notes and app data, among other things. If you log into your account on both smartphones, they will access the same data.
In order for the mobile phone change to work as smoothly as possible, you should check in advance whether the synchronization includes all important data.To do this, go to Settings -> Accounts and backup -> Account on your old smartphone to your Google account and activate it under "Synchronize account" the sliders for all data that should be synchronized with your account. Then tap on the menu (the three dots) in the top right corner and select “Sync now”.
Choose what data to sync with your Google account.
When the synchronization is complete, log in to your Google account on the new smartphone. Navigate back to the sliders and activate the data that you would like to have on your new device.
Good to know: Photos cannot be synced through the Google account. There is a dedicated photo app for this, but it works on the same principle. You can activate the "Back up & Sync" function via the settings, which exports the recordings directly to the cloud.
1.2. Transfer content via NFC
Slide both sliders to the right to activate Android Beam on your smartphone.
Alternatively, you can copy the data from your Android smartphone to the new device using Android Beam. To do this, however, both cell phones must have the NFC ("Near Field Communication") radio standard.
To activate the function, go to "Connections" in the settings of your smartphone and select the sub-item "NFC and payment". Move the two sliders to the right there. Your device is now ready to send and receive files using NFC.
When setting up the new device, establish a WLAN connection and select the option “Backup from an Android smartphone” under “Copy app & data”. Hold the two phones back to back. The message "Touch to beam" appears on the original device. Touch the screen to start sending.
If one or both devices are not NFC-capable, the data can also be transferred via Bluetooth or WLAN instead. To do this, place the two smartphones next to each other and enter the security code displayed by the setup wizard on both of them.
Tip: With Android Beam, you can share photos, videos, contacts, or web pages on your smartphone even after you've set it up.
1.3. Transfer data via USB cable
The data transfer can also be carried out "oldschool" with the help of the supplied USB cable and a suitable adapter.
If you want to transfer data between smartphones of different brands, the solutions mentioned above can lead to connection problems. In this case you can simply connect the two devices with a cable (Suitable adapters are included in the scope of delivery of current smartphones) and start the copying process manually or using appropriate manufacturer software (e.g. Samsung Smart Switch).
- During the setup process, tap under "Copy apps and data" on "Further“.
- Click under "Use old smartphone" and "Use the cable from your old smartphone" on "Further“.
- Connect the USB cable of your smartphone to the adapter supplied and then connect it to the new device. Click on "Further“.
- Choose the files you want copied to the new smartphone should be and tap on "Copy.“
- The transfer process will start. In the meantime, you can continue with the setup.
2. Data transfer between two iOS devices
If you want to set up your new iPhone from a backup of your "old one" instead of an Android device, you have a total of three options.
2.1. Transfer data to your new mobile phone via quick start
If iOS 11 or higher is installed on your iPhone, you can use this to set up a new device automatically. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Activate Bluetooth on both devices and hold them together. The quick start screen appears on the original smartphone. There you will find the option to set up a new device with your Apple ID.
- Enter your Apple ID, then tap “Further“.
- An animation appears on the new device. Keep your old device on top of the new and center the animation with the help of the viewfinder.
- Enter the code of your current device and tap on “Next”.
- Follow the instructions on the new device to set up TouchID and FaceID.
- Now on the new device, choose the data, settings and apps that you want restore from backup and click “Next” to complete the process.
2.2. Install iCloud / iTunes backup on the new smartphone
Alternatively, you can also import a cloud backup on your new iPhone:
With the iCloud backup, data transfer is child's play.
- Switch on your new device and follow the setup instructions up to the point "Set up WLAN". Connect to your network.
- Then follow the instructions up to the point "Apps & data"And then tap on" Restore from iCloud backup ".
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and password and select the backup you want.
- Wait until the restore process is complete and do not disconnect or interrupt the power supply beforehand.
- Follow the remaining instructions on the screen to complete the setup.
For the setup based on an iTunes backup, connect your iOS device to your computer and start iTunes. Follow the setup instructions in the same way as in the previous chapter until you get to the point "Apps & data". Choose there "Restore from iTunes backup" and follow the further instructions.
Good to know: Should you with multiple Apple IDs If you have made purchases from iTunes or the Apple Store, you will need to sign in with each of them during the restore in order to transfer the content. If you do not know or have forgotten some of the passwords, you can simply skip this step.
3. Transfer data from iPhone to Android phone
If you'd like to trade in your iPhone for an Android smartphone, you'll need appropriate software for data transfer. If your new device is a Samsung Galaxy smartphone, for example, the easiest way to do this is with the Samsung Smart Switch and iCloud:
- Install the app on your Android device and select the "iOS device" option after it has started.
- Click Start, then click Import From iCloud. Enter your login details and tap on “Login”.
- Select the desired content and confirm with "Import".
4. Transfer data from Android to iOS
Even in the opposite case, you cannot avoid using a transfer program:
With the free tool "Move to iOS" you can easily transfer your Android data to the new iOS device.
To switch from Android to iOS, download the free Move to iOS app and install it on your Android device.
- Switch on your new mobile phone and follow the setup instructions up to the point "Set up WLAN". Establish a connection.
- Then follow the instructions up to the point "Apps & data"And then tap on"Transfer data from Android“.
- Under "Find your code"at the top right on" Next ".
- On the iOS device, under "Transfer from Android", tap "Continue" and wait for a code to appear. Then enter this on your Android device.
- Select the data on the Android device that you want to transfer and confirm with "Next".
- After completing the process, confirm with "Done" on the Android device and follow the further steps to set up on your iOS device.
Please note: Books, PDFs and music files have to be transferred by hand. In addition, apps that were previously used on the Android device must be downloaded again from the App Store for your iPhone.
5. Transfer WhatsApp data
If you use WhatsApp regularly and do not want to lose your chat history when you switch mobile phones, you have to do so separately back up and restore to the new device. The prerequisite for this, however, is that you can still be reached on your previous number.
This works on Androidthe easiest way is via Google Drive:
Create a chat backup to transfer your WhatsApp data to your new mobile phone via Google Drive.
- To do this, open WhatsApp on your old smartphone and select “Chat backup” under Settings -> Chats.
- Then tap on "Save" to save chats and media to Google Drive.
- Install WhatsApp on your new device and verify your number.
- You will be offered a restore option during setup. Tap on "Restore" to load the data from the backup.
Owners of an iOS device can continue to use their previous chats using the iCloud. All you need here for the backup is your Apple ID.
- Open WhatsApp on your old iPhone and select “Chat Backup” under Settings -> Chats.
- Tap on "Create backup now" to start the backup process.
- Install WhatsApp on your new device and select “Restore chat history” under “From iCloud” during setup. Then tap on “Next” and then on “Continue”.
- Your "old" chats are now also available on your new iPhone.
45 ratingsØ 4.11
- Accelerating car hesitates when accelerating
- What does top left mean in slang
- Acheron those who have risen lpc
- How to open pk4 files
- Tiffany Howard arrests Bowie High School
- When was Doug Halsall Jamaica born
- What exotic animals are good pets
- Who plays Torgeir's girlfriend in Lily Hammer
- Brown metallic which color renders
- Sapne sajan ke actors who played
- How to unlock Napalm 99 urban rule
- Where does that again in the game filmovita
- What is an Upic ID
- How to become jane the murderer pictures
- How varian linear accelerator works
- He doesn't know how he feels
- Who exercises which relative clause elementary
- Which picture variety 2 level 170
- What kingdom are evergreen trees
- Ragasco lpg philippines how long is it
- 147 break how many balls answer
- When did JC and Lia split up?
- When will Deokman become Queen
- How to use youtube-dl kodi
- Lpwstone how to get into minecraft pvp
- How to set Bear Warrior 3 arches
- What is Pacofen tablet for?
- WhatsApp Icono 3d max
- How to change nat type windows 10
- Which increases and decreases equity
- Wholesale cash register stands
- What is digital health and wellbeing quiz
- Helmbold mohair fabric wholesale
- Shock wave in the plane like human