Which city is zip code 09354-9998
Postal codes in Germany Zip code search & directory
Use this to determine Postal code directorywhich postcode belongs to which place in Germany (e.g. Cologne or Leipzig) and vice versa by entering it by place or zip code search.
Postcodes Background and further information
Table of Contents
- What is a zip code?
- What do the digits of the current postcodes mean?
- Special features of the five-digit postcode system
- International postcodes
- The history of the zip code
- Calculate distances between postcodes
What is a zip code?
A postal code (zip code) stands for a specific combination of numbers within a complete address, which can be used to determine and narrow down the respective delivery location for letters, parcels or parcels. So it is one Numerical code for location recognition.
The German postcode system is subject to a geographical distribution according to certain zones, which can be found on the map on the right.
What do the digits mean the current postcodes?
The current postcode consists of five digits, with the the first two serve to assign a location geographically i.e. it is determined in which target region a letter, for example, should arrive.
The numbers three to five determine where the addressee is based and whether he receives his mail via delivery or PO box or if he is a major customer.
particularities of the five-digit postal code system
Since the introduction of this five-digit postcode system Large recipients of shipments have the option of receiving their own postcodeto make reception easier.
For example, the ZDF broadcasting center in Mainz has a specially assigned zip code (55100). These "special zip codes" for specific Large recipients, however, are not part of it the searchable database here.
At the international level, you are not limited to the five digits of a postcode, which are common in Germany. For example, the United States of America has nine-digit postcodes (so-called "ZIP codes"). In India, postcodes are again six-digit.
It turns out that the length and spelling of postal code codes worldwide, vary depending on the country.
The history the zip code
The postal code was introduced in the German Reich in 1941 by the Reich Ministry of Post. During this time postcodes were only two-digit and were used exclusively for sending small parcels and parcels. In 1944, correspondence was finally included.
However, the basic system of the postcode has existed in Germany for around 150 years. So-called Ring number stampthat were used as early as the mid-19th century can be used as Forerunners of the postal codes are designated.
1961 the first was created in Germany four-digit postcode system worldwide.
In 1962 the Federal Republic of Germany and finally in 1965 the GDR also had their own postal code system. After reunification, the Deutsche Bundespost first established a transitional system for postcodes, in which mail items were additionally marked with a "W" for West Germany and an "O" for East Germany. With this system the occurrence of duplicate digit sequences in east and west areas was abolished.
1991 Finally, what has been tried and tested to this day continued five-digit system for the meanwhile uniform postal area of Germany.
Distances calculate between two postcodes
The distance calculator makes it possible to determine the approximate distance (as the crow flies) between two postcodes or places such as Hamburg and Berlin. For example:
- How to play top trumps in one direction
- What does courier service
- Mr Chow Hangover 2 Quotes Marshmallows
- The car radio makes a clicking noise when it is running
- How to make fire bombs in Minecraft
- Where does Bitnami install WordPress on Mac
- How many livers do frogs have
- How to move multiple check boxes in Excel
- Shire Congress Poster Wholesale
- New nurse hospital guidance on what to expect
- Digimon world ds where you can find kuramon
- If the dike breaks naturally, take a look online
- What does Addison Goodheart look like
- Face shape Quiz Quotev what supernatural creature
- How to implement the progress bar in qt
- What bmw is referring to
- Borong manik di gm sound wholesale
- Faith dissonance theory leon festinger in prophecy
- Learn graphology with examples of what differences are
- How to do check boxes in openoffice calc
- Who married Susan Ann Sulley
- Nowhere in Africa film affinity
- Predikador High Level beats Descargar WhatsApp
- What do yellow-winged bats eat
- What are you doing with Elijah's holomessage
- Dreamcolor Z24X specifies Howard
- What she knew, lifelong movie trailer
- Arriving at Aslans as Harry Gregory-Williams role
- Meet and greet physicians who are performing
- How to make hawthorn flower tea
- Ahrar Ahmed Chowdhury and Hossain
- How to print notes in Excel 2010