How many gigaflops ps3 publish
What is a TeraFLOP? - Easily explained
FLOPS - regardless of whether MegaFLOPS, TeraFLOPS or PetaFLOPS - are an essential parameter for the performance of computers. We explain to you what it is all about and what makes supercomputers so impressive.
TeraFLOPS simply explained
FLOPS of all sizes, such as the infamous TeraFLOPS, are appearing more and more frequently in reports on supercomputers. Before you ask yourself the question about the "Tera", you should look more generally at the "FLOPS".
- FLOPS is an acronym from English and stands for "Floating Point Operations Per Second". In German this means "floating point operations per second".
- Operations are mathematical operations such as adding and multiplying numbers.
- Floating point stands for the type of numerical representation common in computers.
- FLOPS indicate how many such calculations a computer can perform per second. The more FLOPS a computer can do, the faster and more powerful it is.
- However, this is only one of several indicators of what makes a strong processor, as it only expresses how many calculations it can perform. In addition, there are many other aspects that influence how much of it is actually noticeable for you as a user.
- Everyday computers have processors and graphics cards whose performance is generally in the GigaFLOPS range and makes rare outliers in the low TeraFlOPS.
- Supercomputers such as those built for research purposes combine countless processors and even achieve PetaFLOPS with them. A very recent development is the new record holder Sunway Taihu Light with 125 PetaFLOPS.
FLOPS: Kilo, Tera, Peta simply explained
FLOPS are now clear, but the question of the "Tera" remains. For reassurance: This is more closely related to the everyday:
- Like kilos, tera is an indication of size. The kilo stands for the factor 10 ^ 3 or 1,000: Because 1,000 meters is a kilometer, 1,000 grams is a kilogram and 1,000 FLOPS is a kiloFLOP.
- It's the same with Tera, except that you rarely need this factor in everyday life. Tera stands for 10 ^ 12, so with TeraFLOPS for one trillion calculations per second.
- With 125 petaFLOPS, i.e. 10 ^ 15 FLOPS, the PC Sunway Tauhu Light even manages an order of magnitude more: 125,000,000,000,000,000 calculations. The following sizes are particularly relevant for FLOPS:
All FLOPS at a glance
- KiloFLOPS (kFLOPS) = 10 ^ 3 (1,000) FLOPS
- MegaFLOPS (MFLOPS) = 10 ^ 6 (1,000,000) FLOPS
- GigaFLOPS (GFLOPS) = 10 ^ 9 (1,000,000,000) FLOPS
- TeraFLOPS (TFLOPS) = 10 ^ 12 (1,000,000,000,000) FLOPS
- PetaFLOPS (PFLOPS) = 10 ^ 15 (1,000,000,000,000,000) FLOPS
- ExaFLOPS (EFLOPS) = 10 ^ 18 (1,000,000,000,000,000,000) FLOPS
- ZettaFLOPS (ZFLOPS) = 10 ^ 21 (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) FLOPS
- YottaFLOPS (YFLOPS) = 10 ^ 24 (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) FLOPS
You probably won't get a supercomputer, but a new processor with lots of FLOPS can be worth it. We explain how to change the CPU in your computer. You can also get even more FLOPS out of your CPU with certain tools like OverDrive.
- How to activate pinkertons private computer tutor
- Robin Howard London contemporary dance theater byu
- Explain how ww2 started in Europe
- How much does a 293 GB ps3
- Shukran means in astrology what conjunction means
- T125 70d15 specifications howard
- Inayah means in the Koran, like many Qiblah
- Sail ukulele tutorial somewhere over the rainbow
- Film in which the boys change the body of the dog
- What is Rseg table in SAP
- Islamic Bank Bangladesh Chowmuhani
- Dtg m2 how to smother white ink
- What is a semi-structured questionnaire
- In Belgium what is a representation allowance
- What does nothing about you mean?
- Gear ball, how to solve inequalities
- Castaway movie scene when Hanks returns home
- Andrzej chowaniec hokeista na
- How wide is the Katy Autobahn
- Gums Bleed When Floss Yahoo Answers
- How to make a binary split circuit
- Miracles happen everywhere and never every day
- Abhirami actress pictures at a young age
- Shipping rto means what