How does flatbread smell
Bake flatbread yourself - very easy
My mother was at home with us children for the first few years. As a flight attendant at Condor and without parents / grandparents in the immediate vicinity, it was simply not possible for her to reconcile work and children. As soon as my brother and I were provided with kindergarten and school at least by the hour, she kept looking for various temporary jobs that could be reconciled with children and household. Since I have had children myself, I have known how exhausting this balancing act can be. Especially since my mother often had to get along without my father's support, as he was also employed in the aviation and was often on the road for days.
No matter what job my mother did - I loved them all! For example, she helped out in a picture and frame gallery and cut passe-partouts, she worked in an advertising company and in the fashion industry and for a while she also worked in a bookbindery. I was particularly fond of this job for a number of reasons. I liked the smell of paper and glue and the rhythmic rolling of the folder, so I loved dropping by after school.
My beloved flatbread from the Turk next door
During the holidays I helped out myself and thus improved my pocket money. The best thing about this job, however, was that there was a Turkish grocery store right next to this bookbinding shop. While there is a little Turk on almost every corner today, it was actually still something special back then. After work we went shopping there and for lunch we got delicious olives, feta cheese and fresh flatbread. I loved this fluffy, soft bread with a slight taste of black cumin! Usually I cut a quarter to a pocket and filled it with tomatoes, feta and olives. Delicious!
I still love to eat flatbread today and recently thought to myself: why not bake it yourself ?! Easy to prepare and the result can be seen and tasted !!
Bake Turkish flatbread yourself
- 1/2 cubes of fresh yeast
- 300ml lukewarm water
- 1 egg
- 450g flour, e.g. spelled flour
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 1EL olive oil
- Black cumin as an alternative: sesame
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, well heaped
- Crumble the yeast and dissolve in the lukewarm water while stirring. Let stand for 10 minutes until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and mix with the salt. Add the yeast-water mixture and knead into a smooth dough with the dough hook of the food processor. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees top / bottom heat. Knead the dough again with your hands on a floured work surface, if necessary add a little more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Shape the dough into a large flatbread with your hands and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Score the surface with a sharp knife to create the typical diamond pattern. Let the flatbread rise for another 10 minutes.
- Mix the egg with the honey and the olive oil and brush the flatbread with it. Scatter sesame seeds and / or black cumin seeds on top and bake in the middle of the preheated oven for about 12 minutes.
Recipe categories: Cakes, pies & pastries Search words: Baking, Baking bread, Flat bread, Baking flat bread, Turkish
- Lutino is watching in the Philippines how it costs
- What is a cax file
- How to build a flatbed truck body
- Pseudo-user under Unix what is
- Chowder and Panini love fanfiction Tumblr
- What is Hamular Notch
- What is the version tracker agent
- How to light a firework candle
- What are switched and unswitched sockets
- Who Makes Dodot Diapers Diapers
- How to get to silver waste gw2
- Lori chori tapan chowdhury bangladesh delete
- What does constant non-zero speed mean?
- How antitrust laws promote competition
- How to get quantum entangled particles pdf
- What is Dolopril Limestone
- How to Spot Fake Nintendo DS Games
- How to write a friendly headline
- What does lblblb stand for
- Kelvin chow fugro survey pte ltd
- Whole Food Buffalo Soy Nuggets Calories
- Doctor who Vastra Rule 34 Child
- Iyengar yoga props wholesale
- Howest laptop iced up in het