Megaman ZX Mission find the boy who
Doctor Thomas Light
Dr. Thomas Light
- "Humans and robots living together in harmony and equality. That was my ultimate wish."
- ―Dr. Light's hand writing, Mega Man X8
- "Sometimes, peace cannot be achieved unless those who spread war are destroyed."
- ―Dr. Light, Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Doctor Thomas Light, known as Doctor Thomas Right (ト ー マ ス ・ ラ イ ト 博士,Tōmasu Raito Hakase) in Japan, is a character from the Mega Man other Mega Man X series. He is Mega Man's father and creator.
His counterpart from the Mega Man Battle Network series is called Tadashi Hikari, and he is the inventor of the PET and the grandfather of Lan Hikari and Hub Hikari.
In the 20th century, Thomas Light attended the Robot Institute of Technology (ロ ー バ ー ト 工科 大学,Rōbāto Koukaidaigaku), where he met Albert W. Wily and became classmates. They got along quite well, but their friendship ended when a committee decided to cancel Wily's Double Gear research in favor of Light's research into robots with independent thought. Light agreed to the decision as the Double Gear puts great strain on the robots that use it and he believed that powerful robots required proper judgment to avoid misusing its abilities. Light laments that his efforts to quench Wily's hotheadedness before it led him astray only ended up fueling the fire, and kept the prototype Double Gear system that Wily broke in anger.
Light and Wily graduated together with their doctorate degrees (PhDs) on electronic engineering, although Light always received more credit than Wily. Dr. Light won the LIT Manual Design Contest (ＬＩＴ マ ニ ュ ア ル ・ デ ザ イ ン ・ コ ン テ ス ト,LIT Manual Design Contest) four times in a row, the golden prize in the World Engineer Award (世界 技術 者 大 賞,World Engineer Award), and the Nobel Prize in Physics. With his pride hurt and tired of being in second place, Wily vanished, and Dr. Light didn't see him again until the events of the first game. At an unknown time, Dr. Light (alongside Dr. Wily in some sources outside of Japan) founded his laboratory to further the development of computing and robotics technology for the benefit of mankind in the coming era. Light became a world-renowned scientist and the leading expert on robotics.
Light built a series of household and civil service robots. Not long after that, he created a humanoid robot with a much more advanced A.I., DLN-000 Proto Man, the first "advanced robot", known as a Robot Master in some sources. However, Proto Man's dangerous imbalance in his energy core and having a strong sense of independence, went A.W.O.L. before his repairs were complete in fear that his personality would change in the process. Yet, in the year 200X (sometime in the first decade of the 21st century), Light would build on the successes and failures of the Proto Man project to build other Robot Masters, like Rock (a lab assistant, also known as Mega), Roll (a housekeeper), and a series of industrial robots.
When Dr. Wily grew jealous of Dr. Light's works receiving credit and his works not (in USA sources he's jealous because Light received all the credit for the team's work), he stole and reprogrammed Light's industrial robots, attempting to take over the world. Rock, having a strong sense of justice, volunteered to be converted into the super robot known as Mega Man.
Mega Man games
After converting Rock into Mega Man, Mega Man fights against Dr. Wily's forces and manages to defeat him. After Wily's first defeat, he tries to conquer the world again several times, and Dr. Light has been developing new inventions to help Mega Man counter Wily. Some of his main creations include Items 1-3, Rush, Eddie, Tango, Auto and upgrades to the Mega Buster.
In most games, Dr. Light only appears in scenes, some of them being brief. Below are all his appearances in the games:
- Mega Man 2: Dr. Light appears to give Items 1-3 to Mega Man.
- Mega Man 3: Dr. Wily pretends to be sorry for his acts and works together with Dr. Light to build the giant peace keeping robot Gamma. It was Light's lifelong dream to create a giant robot to protect and serve world peace. They also created some Robot Masters together so they could obtain the Energy Elements needed to complete Gamma. When Gamma was near completion, Wily stole it to be used in his plans to conquer the world, but Mega Man manages to destroy Gamma. Dr. Light realizes that the robot who rescued Mega Man in the ending is Proto Man.
- Mega Man 4: While Dr. Light has no appearances in-game, he improved Mega Man's Mega Buster, allowing Mega Man to fire charged shots, and he created the support robot Eddie.
- Mega Man 5: Light was captured by Proto Man (Dark Man 4) at the beginning of the game, and was rescued in the ending.
- Mega Man 6: Dr. Light is absent in-game, but he modified Rush so he can combine with Mega Man, changing him into Power Mega Man or Jet Mega Man. He is the Navigator from the Navi Mode in the Rockman Complete Works version of the game.
- Mega Man 7: Light appears in the opening stage, in his lab, and in the ending. When Bass was damaged by Shade Man, Mega Man said Dr. Light could repair him. After his repairs, Bass attacked the lab and stole plans that Light created to improve the Rush Adapter. Wily used the plans to create the Super Adapter for Treble.
- Mega Man 8: Dr. Light asks Mega Man to investigate an outer space object that had fallen on an island, which coincidentally was being used by Wily as a hideout. Wily gets to the crash site first and collects the "Evil Energy" before fleeing the scene. Unable to halt Wily's escape, Mega Man discovers and retrieves a heavily damaged robot from the crater called Duo. Light repairs Duo and studies a small portion of the Evil Energy that was found. After Mega Man defeats four Robot Masters, Duo awakens and destroys the Evil Energy in Light's laboratory, and goes after the Evil Energy in Dr. Wily's possession.
- Mega Man & Bass: Dr. Light appears in the CD database to say how the collection is going and as one of the database's entries. He also appears in Mega Man's ending.
- Mega Man 9: Light is charged for the crimes committed by his robots and is sent to jail, but when it was discovered that Wily reprogrammed his robots, he is freed. Dr. Wily also used a light-like robot to create an incriminating video. In the ending, Dr. Wily uses the fake Dr. Light to trick Mega Man into believing that Light was taken by fake officers and felt ill while in his Wily Castle.
- Mega Man 10: Dr. Light appears in his laboratory, where he takes care of the ill roll and works with Wily to find a cure for Roboenza.
- Mega Man 11: Dr. Light was making a maintenance check up on several robots in his laboratory. After finishing Block Man, only seven robots were left, but Dr. Wily appeared and stole the robots, informing Dr. Light that he would use them as test subjects for his Double Gear system. Knowing this, Dr. Light took the prototype Double Gear system developed by Wily on their university days and installed it on Mega Man so he could stand a chance against this new threat. After the defeat of four bosses, Dr. Light informs that he finished giving Rush a tune-up, enabling Rush Jet, and tells Mega Man about how Wily ended his friendship with him due to the Double Gear system. In the ending, Dr. Light appears in the Gear Fortress and attempts to befriend Wily again, showing what they could achieve if they worked together, showing Mega Man as an example as he was using not only Light's technology, but also Wily's Double Gear system. However, Wily ignores Dr . Light and says that he won't stop until he sees Light and Mega Man kneel before him in utter defeat, and escapes. Saddened, Light notes that they may not be able to work again, and he leaves the fortress with Mega Man and Auto, also retrieving the eight robots stolen by Wily and later repairing them.
- Mega Man's Soccer: Dr. Light was watching a game of soccer on TV with Rock and Roll. When Dr. Wily's robots attack the field, Light modifies Mega Man so he can face the robots.
- Mega Man: Battle & Chase: As Dr. Light's super computer was damaged due to a thunder storm, Mega Man decides to enter the Battle & Chase tournament and use the prize money to buy a new computer. In Mega Man's ending, Dr. Light says he repaired his computer, and the money is used to throw a party to commemorate Mega Man's victory.
- Super Adventure Rockman: Dr. Light immunizes Mega Man, Rush, Beat and the six industrial Robot Masters from the first game from the electromagnetic waves caused by Ra Moon, and watches over Roll while they try to stop Wily.
- Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters: Dr. Light appears in the stage select screen and in the endings of Mega Man, Proto Man, and Duo. In Mega Man's ending, he cheers up Mega Man alongside Roll and Auto. In Proto Man's ending, Light is worried with Proto Man and tries to convince him to repair the defect in his energy system, without success. In Duo's ending, Light talks with Duo about a strange alien energy and bids him farewell.
- Rockman Strategy: Dr. Light serves as support for Mega Man's team in his laboratory, providing equipment and even support troops in exchange for screws obtained through battles. At the end of the game, Dr. Light repairs the alien robots led by Apollo and Luna, and subsequently instructs them in how to grow plants naturally in order to restore the dying plantlife on their homeworld.
In the year 20XX (later in the 21st century), Dr. Light began work on Mega Man X (the "X" standing for a factor of unknown potential). X would possess the ability to make his own decisions in life, unlike Rock who was bound by Asimov's "laws of robotics". However, Light knew that he would not live long enough to fully test X's potential, so he had X sealed in a capsule on September 18, 20XX, not to be awakened for thirty years.
In Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, Dr. Light was shown to have been aging and becoming more sickly as he developed X, appearing weak and tired by the time X had been completed. He is presumed to have passed away in the near future after.
Mega Man X series
In 21XX, more than 100 years after X's being sealed away, Dr. Cain found the capsule with X in the ruins of Dr. Light's Laboratory. A holographic image of Dr. Light continued to provide support for X through the use of capsules during the Maverick Wars. This image of Dr. Light is shown to be able to keep up with current events and communicate with others. In Mega Man X5's ending, Light is shown to be able to appear outside the capsule, although it only happened once to repair a fatally injured X. It is unknown if Light can willingly appear outside the capsule or was only able to do so due to the effects of Zero Space.
Other video game appearances
- Dr. Light appeared in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, acting as a hologram informer to the heroes in the Avengers Tower. He informs that they must rescue Thanos from Ultron Sigma as they require his knowledge of the Infinity Stones to defeat the merged robots. When the heroes are infected by the Sigma Virus, he informs that they have no choice but to attack and destroy Ultron Sigma before they are controlled by the virus. Dr. Light also appears in the gallery collection mode.
- Dr. Light has a cameo appearance on a poster at the subway area in the 2020 remake for Resident Evil 3, alongside Dr. Wily. The poster was for a symposium that was implied to be planned to occur in Raccoon City where the two doctors would debate whether robots are to surpass humanity as one of the issues for the 21st century. It was planned to occur on October 24-25 of 1998.
Mega Man & Bass CD data
Rockman Battle & Fighters data
お っ ま さ か? ワ, ワ シ か?, こ こ に カ ー ソ ル が は い る と は ... で は, か い せ つ し よ う !! ワ シ は ラ イ ト は か せ. ロ ッ ク や ロ ー ル を つ く っ た の も こ の ワ シ. じ ん る い の へ い わ の た め に ロ ボ ッ ト を け んき ゅ う し て い る。 み ん な も へ い わ を あ い し そ し て ま も も っ て い っ て ほ し い。
Translation: Oh? M, me? No way, in the cursor indicates it ... But, I will try to explain !! I'm Doctor Right. I also created rock and roll. I have been studying robots for the peace of mankind. I hope everyone keeps loving peace.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Trophy
|The genius scientist Dr. Thomas Light developed a variety of robots for peaceful purposes. Sadly, most of them were then reprogrammed by Dr. Wily and became warlike bringers of chaos. In order to combat them, Dr. Light saw no option but to convert his own robot assistant, Mega, into the heroic warrior Mega Man.|
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
It's me, Dr. Thomas Light. I'm a scientist from Earth who tirelessly worked on the continual evolution of robotics for the benefit of mankind. Although I may no longer physically exist in the present, my will to assist mankind lives on.
In other media
Dr. Light appeared in most media related to the Mega Man other Mega Man X series.
Mega Man (Ruby Spears)
- "And to think, we used to work together."
- ―Dr Light, The beginning
Dr. Light is one of the main character in Ruby-Spears' Mega Man animated series. Dr. Light has a shorter beard and an English sound to his voice, where the video game Light supposedly does not. A rather humorous difference is that this version of Dr. Light is often prone to bouts of absent-mindedness (such as his delay to notice the barred door in Electric Nightmare), and sometimes unknowingly cracks musical puns.
Dr. Light is the world's most famous living scientist and the creator of Mega Man. He is a brilliant man and has a strong sense of right and wrong. He once worked side by side with Dr. Wily and they created the first humanoid robot together. Shortly after the robot's outburst, Light said the flaw was too dangerous and they should restart their work from the beginning, but Wily stole the blueprints for the prototype and other robots. Dr. Light however was able to build two new robots (Rock and Roll) who would serve as his assistants. In a sense, they are like his children.
Light has made many inventions and contributions to science and robotics, like a time machine, the Brain Bot, a college campus for robots to learn like humans do, and even an anti-curse machine.
Captain N: The Game Master
In Captain N: The Game Master
- What does the name Nadine mean
- What is Leadership Yahoo Answers
- What is the correct abbreviation for Foundation
- Intelligent estados para whatsapp graciosos
- Wmi query where model is not liked
- How to reset network boot arguments
- Big ego in forming a leadership coalition
- How to Write a Board Member Bio
- Witcher 3 How to Make Triss Stay
- What if the baby gets the top teeth first
- Where are Husqvarna trimmers made
- How to draw an anamorphic perspective grid
- Sonicwall routing between VLANs offers something
- How we met the letter sample
- What kind of colloid is toothpaste
- Dbk how to serial dual 4
- What is a handball court dimensions
- Secret princes, where are they now?
- What is Gul in Tamil Astrology
- Morpheus glasses, how do they stay on
- What is s diacetylactis
- Magnoplasm how it works
- How to make red lobia curry
- How to purge suzuki outboard motor
- Liveleak 911 bodies found as a whole
- Callebaut Chocolate Wholesaler Adelaide
- How to harvest red cedar bark diapers
- Sonicwall routing between VLANs offers something
- How to Make Yakiniku Dip Sauce
- Jennifer Schow Photography Boise Idaho
- How to make changa dmt nexus mimosa
- Lingholm blue Himalayan poppy how to grow
- What does Camber Snowboard